Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SMD conversion?

M4RC

I want to do a full SMD conversion but unsure of what SMDs I need? I was told they are all 3528 PLCC-2 I think so I bought some... Opened up the passengers airbag unit and the LEDs are much smaller.

Does anyone know what I need?

56c635a7c51c5_ImageUploadedByFordOC14558

56c635bf5e436_ImageUploadedByFordOC14558

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

They look like 3528 to me..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Whats a full SMD Conversion as this looks fun? I only know 1 meaning for SMD and for some reason, I don't think it's what you mean :blush:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JSMarsden said:

Whats a full SMD Conversion as this looks fun? I only know 1 meaning for SMD and for some reason, I don't think it's what you mean :blush:

Changing the colour of all the lights, basically everything you can see in the first picture

23 minutes ago, M4RC said:

Changing the colour of all the lights, basically everything you can see in the first picture

I thought it was something similar/to do with that!

Looking forward to seeing how it goes! What colour you looking at? 

I thought it was something similar/to do with that!

Looking forward to seeing how it goes! What colour you looking at? 

May sound crazy but I'm gonna attempt rainbow colours haha, if I was to change them to a single colour via would be blue and there obviously already blue do gonna do something different

• Like 1

Be interested in this as well alot, like a cool white for a change, any chance you could give a difficulty rating to changing the relevant bulbs?

18 hours ago, Strutter said:

Be interested in this as well alot, like a cool white for a change, any chance you could give a difficulty rating to changing the relevant bulbs?

Yeah that would be smart, depends on your soldering skills, the SMD's as so small it's crazy so you've got to be pretty good with a soldering iron haha

• Like 3

Look at a soldering iron with a heated air attachment. makes the job much easier.

Have you tried measuring the SMDs already in the car?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Look at a soldering iron with a heated air attachment. makes the job much easier.

Have you tried measuring the SMDs already in the car?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Yeah makes it much easier, I use to dominos control letters and all that stuff. Na I didn't actually, I would rather have all the SMDs when I take everything out so I can do most of it in a oner

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:21 PM, M4RC said:

Yeah that would be smart, depends on your soldering skills, the SMD's as so small it's crazy so you've got to be pretty good with a soldering iron haha

That rules me out; my soldering skills are basic, at best.  Shame really, I'd love the idea of turning my interior lights white from red!  And replacing the red display with a black one with white text...

On 22 February 2016 at 9:53 PM, ukcal said:

That rules me out; my soldering skills are basic, at best.  Shame really, I'd love the idea of turning my interior lights white from red!  And replacing the red display with a black one with white text...

Ah right, definatly not worth risking it unless you get some practice haha, I'm going white and blue now with rainbow colours so I'll show pictures when I'm dinedone

Made a small start to the SMD conversion last  night! Now changing them again to white and blue..

image.jpeg

Ah right, definatly not worth risking it unless you get some practice haha, I'm going white and blue now with rainbow colours so I'll show pictures when I'm dinedone

Yup, definitely not! Looking forward to seeing how this pans out, though!

• Like 1

Yup, definitely not! Looking forward to seeing how this pans out, though!

Yeah :) I'll keep you's updated!

Made a small start to the SMD conversion last night! Now going white and blue..

• Like 1

White doesn't look good, it doesn't come out as a nice whitest I'm going dark blue/UV purple

• Like 1

15 hours ago, M4RC said:

White doesn't look good, it doesn't come out as a nice whitest I'm going dark blue/UV purple

Keep going mate, you going to any meets in the future? So want to see your car! 

• Like 1

Have a Fiesta mk7 with orange light at the cupholder and the glovebox. Would like to change/mod it to blue like the rest of the lights.

How to?

• 3 weeks later...

Full conversion is finally done! Ended up going for dark blue/UV PURPLE AND SOMETHING56f723f0be533_ImageUploadedByFordOC14590 A LITTLE DIFFERENT FOR THE CLOCKS :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, M4RC said:

Full conversion is finally done! Ended up going for dark blue/UV PURPLE AND SOMETHING56f723f0be533_ImageUploadedByFordOC14590 A LITTLE DIFFERENT FOR THE CLOCKS :)

that looks amazing! congrats