Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small damage to dashboard trim

jodyjones1982

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone can share any tips on how to repair this "gouge" in my dashboard trim please? I'm not into wraps and the likes. I was thinking maybe a little filler and a touch of paint, so that it doesn't stand out so much (not that it stands out, it's just annoying me that it's there!).

As always with you guys, any comments are welcome!

Thanks

Jody

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe a replacement trim off eBay and swap it would be the answer. Little nicks and marks like that would annoy me too lol

• Like 1

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone can share any tips on how to repair this "gouge" in my dashboard trim please? I'm not into wraps and the likes. I was thinking maybe a little filler and a touch of paint, so that it doesn't stand out so much (not that it stands out, it's just annoying me that it's there!).

As always with you guys, any comments are welcome!

Thanks

Jody

IMAG0184.thumb.jpg.bb42452246c478d5f1755062a7f27886.jpg

IMAG0183.thumb.jpg.bf0e058eafc56f2648140e93a2e085dc.jpg

Buy some 3M wrap on eBay and cover the whole thing in a different colour :) I covered mine in carbon fibre effect.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

• Like 1

that wrap looks neat.

if you dont like wrap then get a replacement trim as it will be difficult to get a perfect colour match and if it dont match then it will bug you even more!

look on eBay for a replacement 

• Like 2

Why oh why do people not read someone's post or not all of it.

"I'm not into wraps and the like"

Come on people sorry it's been a long week at work and these little irritations are grinding me more than normal, I like to moan a bit lol

As said to the OP swap it for a replacement part or remove and have it sanded and painted and colour matched, there are places that do all sorts of mobile dash repairs these days.

Cheapest option would likely be finding one in a scrap yard and swapping it over, you can always advertise the one you have on eBay to recoup a little bit of money, for someone who might want to buy one to wrap or repaint in a different colour etc.

• Like 1

There are some replacement switch panels on eBay, however they're not cheap. Prices around £50-60.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kpg said:

Like so:

56c72e162c7a0_ImageUploadedByFordOC14558

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

To be fair kgp that wrap looks great, but I'm the kind that if I was to modify something it would be with "original" parts, if that makes sense!!

Is this trim easy to remove and replace? Would the part come with a guide to replacement? I don't mind the cost, I'm just worried I'd cause more damage!

17 hours ago, jodyjones1982 said:

Is this trim easy to remove and replace? Would the part come with a guide to replacement? I don't mind the cost, I'm just worried I'd cause more damage!

It is a bit involved to get everything out. The fascia for the radio comes out easy enough, it's that lower bit with the aircon stuff that's more difficult thanks to a screw hidden behind the curved trim closest to the steering wheel. Lots of forceful pulling involved.

• Like 1