Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cracked bumper

Micro

Had a collision recently which has caused a crack to the under side, creeping 15mm~ onto the front of the lower bumper through one of the mounting holes, and also including what appears to be a broken lower bumper mount.

Is it possible/practical to repair the bumper, or would it be recommended to replace it? The air deflector will have to be new (or from a breaker) as half of it has shattered!

Micro, put a pic up of the damage

if you do decide to change then a replacement should be cheap enough or time to upgrade and get the Zetec S/ST bumper?

Without a picture of the damage it is hard to say what is most effective and cheapest. Bumpers can be plastic welded, painted and even re textured if it is non body colour trim for example these days.

A replacement from a scrap yard or eBay might be the cheaper option, it really depends.

Here are some pics, I am really asking so I know what to expect from wherever it goes to be repaired so I don't get fobbed off -probably an insurance job anyway (and not mine!)

• 2 months later...

Are the Focus bumpers ABS?

I originally got a quote to have the components replaced with new. I am a bit hesitant though as thinking colours may not match a new part on an old car (Plus I haven't really got time to be without it for more than a day). So I am thinking of replacing the lower air deflector with a new part, welding/epoxying the crack as it is almost invisible from the front, welding/epoxying the lower grill, and epoxying/welding the bracket back onto the bumper. It will also give me opportunity to install my front parking sensors.

if its at the bottom of bumper just stick a zetec s skirt on and bobs ya uncle will not see it, av got a zetec s bumper for sale with grill kit of you want them for good price

new plastic welding kits aren't that dear now makes repairing it easy to do yourself I got one its great for so many things

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club