Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 2011 - heater pipe leak

fuseman

Hi, can someone tell me where I can buy online the O-rings and 22mm heater hose please.  I contacted my local Ford store and was told I need to replace the while heater matrix for two simple O-rings.

Are the Mk2 O-rings the same size as the Mk3 O-rings?

Correct me, the 22mm is the inside diameter?

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/19/2022 at 2:36 AM, Sneaky1 said:

Hi, can someone tell me where I can buy online the O-rings and 22mm heater hose please.  I contacted my local Ford store and was told I need to replace the while heater matrix for two simple O-rings.

Are the Mk2 O-rings the same size as the Mk3 O-rings?

Correct me, the 22mm is the inside diameter?

I didn't feel confident enough to replace mine so I took mine to a Ford Authorised garage, Jacksons in Teddington, and they replaced the O rings only, so they are available. 

That was over a year ago and fingers crossed its still holding firm.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2017 at 4:35 AM, Flatfour said:

The part numbers are as follows:

Clips 1454337

O rings 1342708

Parts cost circa £14

Does anyone know if there is a place in Australia I can order these from, Ford are no help at all.

2 hours ago, Sneaky1 said:

Does anyone know if there is a place in Australia I can order these from, Ford are no help at all.

Have you tried eBay?  

Just done this same repair today after reading all the advice here. I feared the worst with a head gasket failure but it was indeed the o-rings. I replaced the 2 o-rings and the 2 clamps. £20.90 for the 4 items.  I took around 1.5 hours. Half hour of that was looking for my glasses after I launched them in temper.

To be fair, the old clips came off ok and were reusable.

Hopefully it has cured the problem, if not it will be the hose and jubilee clip option.

Thank you for the advice here all, it helped me a lot.

The broken one was from the top pipe, the bottom one lookes like new.

20220729_190455.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 7:01 PM, harbottle said:

Just done this same repair today after reading all the advice here. I feared the worst with a head gasket failure but it was indeed the o-rings. I replaced the 2 o-rings and the 2 clamps. £20.90 for the 4 items.  I took around 1.5 hours. Half hour of that was looking for my glasses after I launched them in temper.

To be fair, the old clips came off ok and were reusable.

Hopefully it has cured the problem, if not it will be the hose and jubilee clip option.

Thank you for the advice here all, it helped me a lot.

The broken one was from the top pipe, the bottom one lookes like new.

20220729_190455.jpg

Same problem.Can you explain me how to do this. 

• 2 months later...

I have an 05 focus and just had terrifyingly experience with sudden leak of boiling water onto my right foot from the left of the footwell. I was driving on a busy road at the time. A passer by told me it was most likely the heater matrix. I had thought the car would burst into  flames.

• Confused 1

• 5 months later...

I have the same issue in my 2013 focus. The leak isn't massive but it is wetting the footwell (and draining the coolant). However, has anyone tried putting duct or electricians tape around the join instead? Just wondered if that would work?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Sooty1977 said:

I have the same issue in my 2013 focus. The leak isn't massive but it is wetting the footwell (and draining the coolant). However, has anyone tried putting duct or electricians tape around the join instead? Just wondered if that would work?

Electrical tape won't work.  Not waterproof or heatproof.  Self amalgamating tape may work, but I don't think there's enough space to wrap it properly.

If no one has found a bodge by now, chances are there probably isn't one.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If no one has found a bodge by now, chances are there probably isn't one.

Isetta will know a bodge for it 🤣

• Haha 1

Thanks, I might give self amalgamating tape a chance. It'll be quicker and worth a fiver to give it a go!

• Like 1

I tried with the tape. You are right there isn't much leverage to wrap it around. Doubt it'll do much good. For now, it's looking like a garage job as I can't see myself repairing it without aid. Thanks anyway, great forum!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club