Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault message on dash for brake lights

Mrken

Mondeo 2.3 57 plate. Fitted LED Brake lights, brake light fault appeared on dash, although they were ment to be cambus comparable, now one of the LED lights has gone, I replaced with standard bulbs still getting fault message on dash although both are working !!

Probably need to clear the codes that will have been stored

• Like 1

Thanks Russ, for getting back so soon. 

The fault message has disappeared, the only thing I did was park and return about 3 hours later. 

For my info, how do you clear the codes ?

Incase it happens again. 

Thanks. 

You'd need a modified ELM cable to do it yourself ( I got mine from http://www.spanglefish.com/tunnelratelectronics/ ) and download  elmconfig or forscan ( both free ) which will allow you to read/write to the cars computer. With this you can read the codes  to point you in the direction of what's wrong then clear the codes when you fix the problem, it'll also allow you to switch other functions on or off.

someone who's used it extensively will probably be along shortly and explain it better for you. 

Use normal bulbs.  Even the CANBUS friendly LEDs often aren't compatible with a bulb-failure warning system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club