Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 1.8 TDCI Titanium

afbbiker

Hi all, I drive 2008 1.8 TDCI (just bought it for my long commute) I don`t have an owners manual or a spec sheet, I have noticed 2 red lights on the courtesy light cluster which are apparently part of the ambient lighting option? I have no other lights (footwell, door pockets etc) so does this mean they are not working? Or are turned off? Surely the ones on the light cluster would also be off if ambient lighting was turned off? Hope you can all help. Rob

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mac801123 said:

Hi,

Go to this site and look up what you got on your car...

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

if you goto it on IE you can type in the reg but if you use Chrome you need the VIN.

Mike

Thanks Mac, I`m on it now 

• Like 1

So, had a look on the ETIS and according to that, I should have footwell lights, should they be on when the vehicle lights are on? I need to get myself a manual methinks :wacko:

• Like 1

Door pocket lights?  Not heard of those!

Footwell lights only come on when you open the door to get in, or when you take the key out at the end of a drive.  They don't stay on permanently.

I've been wondering what those red lights in the roof console are for?  I thought they were some sort of warning to say the auto wipers/lights were on lol? :laugh:

• Like 1

They don`t seem to do much if I`m honest :wacko: as for footwell, never noticed them come on at night etc, tempted to go out now and check lol :yes:

• Like 1

They should be footwell bulb holders in both front wells but no bulbs in them, dont know why they not in for,have you found the holders yet?

• Like 1

On Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 1:03 PM, afbbiker said:

So, had a look on the ETIS and according to that, I should have footwell lights, should they be on when the vehicle lights are on? I need to get myself a manual methinks :wacko:

Hi,

I've created a Guide for fitting front & rear footwell lighting aswell as an illuminated ignition ring here:

I've also installed cup holder illumination and bird bath illumination here:

My full list of Guides can be viewed here: 

9 hours ago, Lenny said:

Hi,

I've created a Guide for fitting front & rear footwell lighting aswell as an illuminated ignition ring here:

I've also installed cup holder illumination and bird bath illumination here:

My full list of Guides can be viewed here: 

Thanks for all the info guys, I have checked and lo and behold, the footwell lights do come on when I open the door :yes: The 2 orange ones on the courtesy light cluster, don`t seem to do much though, may just be me, I expected a bit more light from them, even with the dash illumination turned full up, still a bit weak.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, afbbiker said:

The ambient lighting in courtesy light is ideal for counting coins or bags of coke etc.😀

it illuminates bright items 

put your lights on,

Then put your hand over gear stick to see it glow 

• Like 1

Could probably afford something better than a Focus if you were selling bags of coke... :tongue:

I tried it tonight though, bearing in mind I've had the car 18 months now...and you're right, hand glows red when it's on the gearknob.  I can't see any reason at all for it though, why wouldn't you just put the proper light on if you needed to count coins etc?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Could probably afford something better than a Focus if you were selling bags of coke... :tongue:

I tried it tonight though, bearing in mind I've had the car 18 months now...and you're right, hand glows red when it's on the gearknob.  I can't see any reason at all for it though, why wouldn't you just put the proper light on if you needed to count coins etc?

True 😕 atleast an RS model 😀

Anyways I dunno why Ford put them in there as ambient lighting perhaps only to keep up with other car manufacturer trends as my mother's Passat has exactly the same two red lights fitted inside courtesy light but the passat's centre console is polished silver metal so reflects it better than Ford dash.

Image1089.jpg

I do know the ambient lighting unit sells for over 60pounds on eBay just because it has the two leds fitted. 

• Like 1

I bought a submarine light with ambient lighting for £28 ;)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

I bought a submarine light with ambient lighting for £28 ;)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Your So Money SuperMarket Kieran 👍😀

• Like 1

Hahaha! Yunii sorted me out 👌

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club