Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Difference between fiesta red edition and normal zetec s

mikeyd1

Hi guys ive put a deposit down on fiesta zetec s 125 but i wanted to know the difference between the red edition 140 apart from bhp. Thanks

suspension, seats, black wheels , more power! haha

So the suspension a different set up whats the difference then?

the seats look the same as the Zetec S to me, not sure on any changes apart from different engine map to increase power 

• Like 1

Suspension is the same as a standard zetec s I think. Gear ratios shorter which means better in gear acceleration. Not 0-62 though as 2nd doesn't quite get to 60 so you have to grab 3rd. On the go it has proper punch but pulls higher revs at 70 on the mway compared to the standard zetec s. 

• Like 2

So the gear ratios are shorter in the black/red edition

• Like 1

Am i going to see more performance compared to my eco 100

You should be able to tell the difference in performance from the 125 even though on paper the 0-60 time looks similar to the 100. I've had some pretty quick cars in my time (Leon cupra r, golf vr6) and my Red is not as quick as them off the line but when moving but not a million miles off. The 125 should be similar but probably not as obvious as with the 140.

• Like 3

Ok how bout the ride quallity im already riding on 17 zeyec s alloys will it just be the same. Ive got to take my alloys off some time today to put on flea bay oh the joy

Ride is firm but not uncomfortable. Nowhere near as harsh as the ST. Should be similar to that with your current setup.

• Like 1

Ok thats good to know. Really looking forward to getting it now

The gearbox and ratios are actually the same on the 125PS Zetec S and the Red/Black Edition.

The difference is that they put the same ratio (might even be the same) open diff from the ST which alters the output ratio and therefore the way the car moves up it's gears.

You can now order the 140PS 1.0 as a normal Zetec S, so the only differences are the paint job and extra bits of red stitching inside, nothing mechanical.

TL;DR, the only mechanical differences between the 125PS and 140PS 1.0 Fiesta Zetec S are the diff, head gasket and map.

• Like 2

Yes that is right actually. Same gearbox different diff. Effectively shortens the gearbox ratios. Is this the same in the standard zetec s with 140?

It should be as they only list one 0-60 time, would be a waste of money for Ford to produce another mechanical spec for a 140PS non black/red.

The 140PS should be mechanically identical between a "normal" Zetec S and the black/red (which themselves are based on the Zetec S anyway).

Don't forget the other difference.

No tax on the 100 / 125 😆

• Like 1

Only until next April for new cars.

And I'd happily pay £20 a year for the 140PS.

I do wonder whether people will still buy the 'slower' models after April 2017...  I get the feeling most people are more bothered by cheap tax than actually saving the environment...

I do wonder whether people will still buy the 'slower' models after April 2017...  I get the feeling most people are more bothered by cheap tax than actually saving the environment...

Exactly.

I for one only care about the running cost. Not interested in the environment

Right i think i cleared this up on another thread the new Zs are 140bhp now anyway? but back to the topic  as of that was the changes to the engine between the 100 125 and 140 
I have had 3 people looked into this and got back to me i covered it in another thread not too long ago :) 
but the differences are apart from map  here is what he exactly said 

"100ps to 125ps there are apparently slightly different exhaust valves but I can't say too much to be honest

125-140 only difference is a thicker head gasket

And the map obviously

The thicker head gasket creates a lower compression ratio"

Info giving from a ford mechanic, a ford Technician and a ford
Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering :)

@alexp999 ye sure mate? as i had all three ford people go through parts and check and the guy who manufactures the powertrain for ford at ford lol he says only difference is head gasket :o 

100%.

Ford advertise that it has different gear ratios, we got to the bottom of it on another thread with Etis comparing a 140PS and 125PS.

The gearbox is identical, but the diff has the same (or is the same) ratio as the one used on ST for the 140PS, so it alters the output ratio for all gears.

1 hour ago, Paramanic said:

Right i think i cleared this up on another thread the new Zs are 140bhp now anyway?

The ZS is still 125bhp but you can spec it as the 140bhp, so available in both versions I believe