Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wipers Auto/Rain sensor change,

jace1969

I have the rain sensor wipers but as i have read a lot there hit and miss as mine are and is a pain.

Is there a easy way to convert it to a normal manual setting off the same knob on the stick or is it a big job.

I think you can go into the menu and there is an option to turn it off.  I find that set to max on the stalk they are fine.  Does take a bit of getting used to though. but they usually work ok.

• Like 1

I should say mine are 50/50 set to max and a bit of rain and it goes mad like on fast speed for a nice while then you will

get loads of rain and nothing so cant see then its mad time again,put it lower and screen wet and comes on when it wants,sensor is clean.

Ford checked it and fine but i like the ''twist the knob to my own setting'' 3 sec or 5 sec etc,cant see any menu setting on my 2011 plate.

• Like 1

If the sensor is not there would it do it like disconnect or is it in the system.

Have you looked in the manual about turning it to manual? It can be done on the facelift model as mentioned.

I cant see anything in my manual but did look on the computer setting in the car and cant see anything in there

something like the power mirrors which you can turn to manual which i have.

On 23/02/2016 at 7:32 AM, jace1969 said:

I have the rain sensor wipers but as i have read a lot there hit and miss as mine are and is a pain.

Is there a easy way to convert it to a normal manual setting off the same knob on the stick or is it a big job.

I also find the auto wiper function less than reliable, even with the sensitivity set to Max. Neither do I think its manufacturer specific. Owned other makes with auto wipers, never been that reliable.

I have the face lift model. Will have a look through my settings when I get chance. See if it can be altered. Hope so, as I'd also like to manually adjust the intermittent wipe function. 

Just checked is in the menu settings. Untick box that says rain sensor. Now on manual adjustment. Could also do the same with folding mirrors etc. Happy for them to fold though.

On 23/02/2016 at 8:09 AM, ayrshiredude said:

I think you can go into the menu and there is an option to turn it off.  I find that set to max on the stalk they are fine.  Does take a bit of getting used to though. but they usually work ok.

Thanks for posting info. Set mine to manual now.

18 hours ago, Boroboy said:

Thanks for posting info. Set mine to manual now.

Can someone tell me where mine is as i cant see anything on pre-facelift.2011 titanium,

15 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Can someone tell me where mine is as i cant see anything on pre-facelift.2011 titanium,

Mine is the 2014 model. If you have this option,  it's within the dash menu settings. Scroll down options, untick box. Auto folding mirrors there too.

To confirm 100% just looked and no option,got power mirrors/chimes/Ambient lighting.

19 minutes ago, iantt said:

Unplug the sensor

Good idea and will it work if i did that and is there a fuse being easier to pull out as my dash cam is on that cover.

Why don't i have this option,does my software need updating or something as i have mirrors and lights.

No fuse, I assume you have auto lights? As it uses same sensor by unplugging it you will also lose auto lights unfortunately. Only way I can see is ask ford dealer to connect there diagnostic computer and look to see if rain part of sensor can be switched off in central car configuration.

Know when I retrofitted rain /auto lights on my mk3 focus the rain sensing part had to be switched on , as I had auto lights working but not wipers to start with.

12 hours ago, iantt said:

No fuse, I assume you have auto lights? As it uses same sensor by unplugging it you will also lose auto lights unfortunately. Only way I can see is ask ford dealer to connect there diagnostic computer and look to see if rain part of sensor can be switched off in central car configuration.

Know when I retrofitted rain /auto lights on my mk3 focus the rain sensing part had to be switched on , as I had auto lights working but not wipers to start with.

I will have to see that,very strange that the 2014 has the option and 2011 don't and have both lights/wiper sensor and other on/off in that menu.

Ok just rang ford and a simple answer ''No it cant be done''which is a dam thing i didn't want to hear.

Read my manual and does mine also have this speed thing when the wipers are turned on for the rain sensor to work.

It says when the car stops or going slower it works less and when fast it works to normal speed.

You have to love ford dealers at times :smile: Bring it in and i will put it onto the computer see if i can do it but not sure £56

Strange thing to ask but can i check if my software is upto date say this option is missing or can be added.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club