Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've picked up my new car!

Messy

Very happy, still learning what everything does, it has p sensors, auto lights/wipers, heated seats, DAB and city pack!

How does S/S work exactly? can't really tell if it's working haha, also what is the A button on the center piece?

http://imgur.com/a/jWWLc

Scroll down on the link for more pictures!

• Like 1

Stop/Start will turn the engine off when certain conditions are met.

Clutch up, out of gear, not moving.

Electrical and A/C demand, as well as the battery level can stop it turning the engine off.

If the A is in a circular arrow it disables the Auto Stop/Start system for that journey (next time you turn on the ignition it will reset).

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Stop/Start will turn the engine off when certain conditions are met.

Clutch up, out of gear, not moving.

Electrical and A/C demand, as well as the battery level can stop it turning the engine off.

If the A is in a circular arrow it disables the Auto Stop/Start system for that journey (next time you turn on the ignition it will reset).

Thanks for that, the car is fast for what it is, also can you voice to text? I can use my voice to call people and accept calls but texts seem to not be displayed.

Congratulations on your new car! It's a sweet ride. :D

By the way, isn't the "S" badge on your grill upside down? The end tip on the letter "S" should be longer on the bottom.

All the best. :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Obnoxious said:

Congratulations on your new car! It's a sweet ride. :D

By the way, isn't the "S" badge on your grill upside down? The end tip on the letter "S" should be longer on the bottom.

All the best. :)

Haha didn't notice that, that was on there when I bought it, can it be taken off easy and put back on the correct way?

One more question guys, is it worth getting a K2 Karcher to wash the car? with the foam thing too? is it best to just wash it then shampoo/foam it and leave it for a few minutes then wash it off and wax it? also what is the best cloth to use to dry it? 

Lots of good info here worth reading:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/9-detailing-your-ford/

Just be careful with pressure washers around door seals, electrics, etc. Particularly around the door handles. The car is designed to withstand rain, not pressurised water and it can find its way in and cause problems if you are not careful.

31 minutes ago, Messy said:

One more question guys, is it worth getting a K2 Karcher to wash the car? with the foam thing too? is it best to just wash it then shampoo/foam it and leave it for a few minutes then wash it off and wax it? also what is the best cloth to use to dry it? 

I don't know much about foam washing. I think there's lots of different mixers you can use and get verifying results. Ofcourse differen't people/cars will prefer different methods.

I do use the two bucket method though, and using a microfibre mitt will wash a panel at a time working from the top down, in straight lines. I also a little washer thing to spray off any foam, then a microfibre towel to dry each panel as I go along. (again in straight lines)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Messy said:

Very happy, still learning what everything does, it has p sensors, auto lights/wipers, heated seats, DAB and city pack!

How does S/S work exactly? can't really tell if it's working haha, also what is the A button on the center piece?

http://imgur.com/a/jWWLc

Scroll down on the link for more pictures!

Easily one of the nicest Zetec S examples I've seen, very classy mate. Did you spec it with the 140ps engine? That'd be the icing on the cake!

8 hours ago, chappers96 said:

Easily one of the nicest Zetec S examples I've seen, very classy mate. Did you spec it with the 140ps engine? That'd be the icing on the cake!

Thank you very much, when I said new car I mean new to me not a 2016 model, it is 2013 and is the 125ps version, was an ex-demonstrator car also, has almost everything except cruise control and satnav, bought it from a Ford dealer for a VERY good price, it is plenty fast enough for me at the moment, coming from an old 1.4 Clio so the turbo in this is surprising and strange as when I am in first and want to crawl forward I struggle to stay off the turbo as it activates at such low RPM, I have ordered Team Heko Deflectors and will most likely get black wheels and a year or so from now maybe a remap by Mountune, apart from that I will most likely keep it stock and own the car for 3 years or more.

• Like 1

Looking good mate! Take a look at my project thread for a couple of ideas :wink:

I am sure you will love your new car! :) love the wee fiestas handling on them are great and fun car aswell as comfy too :) 
here is ma thread has links and pics for ideas :) 

I drove a 15 plate diesel Focus ST earlier on today. Now that.. has some complicated features & I'm 18! I was actually mindblown... I then drive the base model 80bhp 2012 fiesta.. nearly cried

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Question guys, I parked up a work earlier and a few minutes after I had the ignition off I heard a noise, is this the fan turning off or something? also since it's a turbo and I know you're not supposed to turn the engine off straight away, how does that work with S/S? as the engine is constantly being turned off, doesn't this damage the turbo?

One last question I want to clean it, I have the products but should I just wipe it over first with lukewarm water with what type of cloth/sponge? and then shampoo it, leave it on and wash it off with the cloth/sponge then dry with a shamee leather? and then wax?

Does the car have the Kysor grille shutters fitted?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Does the car have the Kysor grille shutters fitted?

Just the normal honeycomb grille, same as the ST has I think.

If it's a Kysor shutter then it will be a buzzing motor type noise.

Cooling fan would be an obvious whirring noise.

12 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

I drove a 15 plate diesel Focus ST earlier on today. Now that.. has some complicated features & I'm 18! I was actually mindblown... I then drive the base model 80bhp 2012 fiesta.. nearly cried

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I often drive my Wifes 2015 Ka and my Daughters 2004 Ka after driving my ST and it feels like a 0 to 60 time of two weeks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Messy said:

Question guys, I parked up a work earlier and a few minutes after I had the ignition off I heard a noise, is this the fan turning off or something? also since it's a turbo and I know you're not supposed to turn the engine off straight away, how does that work with S/S? as the engine is constantly being turned off, doesn't this damage the turbo?

One last question I want to clean it, I have the products but should I just wipe it over first with lukewarm water with what type of cloth/sponge? and then shampoo it, leave it on and wash it off with the cloth/sponge then dry with a shamee leather? and then wax?

NO Sponge. Lambs Wool Mitten will be the best but @GingerFlame is probably the best on cleaning tips. 

Basic method is get two buckets (One with warm water (CLEAN) and one with shampoo in, warm), and a lambs wool mitten. Blast off any excess dirt with power wash (not too close to door seals etc), then a snow foam. Leave for a few minutes, then jet wash off again. Then go around with Lambs Wool Mitten - into shampoo and wash car. Every so oftern, put mitten bucket of plain water to wash off dirt  (every time before you dip back into shampoo - keeping your shampoo clean).  Keep the car wet throughout so you don't get drying patches.

Then go over and dry with a drying towel etc. Polish/Wax after whatever you prefer :). @GingerFlame no doubt will have a lot of other techniques you may find useful :) 

I personally wouldn't pressure wash the car first, you could risk marking the paintwork by blasting dirt around...

Plus snowfoam sticks better to a dry car. :smile:

• Like 1

OK guys so I have just bought a lambskin wool mitt, two 5 gallon buckets with grit guard and a XL microfiber drying towel, now I need to fork out the £120 for the Karcher pressure washer :(

Buy a Nilfisk, better and more reliable. Mine was about £70-80 and is perfectly adequate.

• Like 1