Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car won't start after DMF and clutch change

ljubo700

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, I've got a problem with my Ford Focus Mk2 1.8 TDCi, after 110k miles, I've had to change the DMF and clutch, bought a Luk clutch set, and checked if the numbers match with Ford original part, and they match. Brough my car to a local mechanic with 10 years of experience. He changed the DMF and clutch, and the moment of truth will the engine start.

The engine turned over, started worked for a couple of seconds (normal sounds of TDCi engine) and stopped. Now it only cranks but doesn't start.

Connected the car to a computer, not DTC, sometimes it popped Fuel pressure is low. Changed fuel pressure sensor, didn't work. Checked pressure of fuel line its at 210bar. Changed cam position sensor still nothing, disconnected the battery over night still nothing.

The car still cranks beautifully, but just won't start.

Any suggestions ?

Best regards

Ljubomir

check the fuel pump switch is on drivers footwell right hand side behind kick panel behind the round hole

Is there a possibility that there isn't one fitted ? I can find the button, checked both sides. My car is LHD. Can't find the button, I've stripped the kick panel and can't find the button near the insulation or the hole.

if you removed the fuel line from the fuel filter then it looks to me like there is air in the system and needs a good bleeding, one way is to get the car starting on easy start and floor the pedal until you feel that you have taken over with the fuel injectors and not the easy start spray.

• Like 2

We did this with spray and doesn't help, we also bleed the system. My mechanic is thinking as if the injectors get filled with diesel on key contact it starts and then dies, as if the injectors don't get their fuel. But fuel pressure is good.

Best regards

So changed cam sensor but not crank sensor, I,m guessing its moved while doing the work, check it just above oil filter.

Also the crank sensor was changed, was taken from working car. Is there a chance when the clutch/flywheel was installed that he moved the crankshaft ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club