Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you remove the steering wheel controls?

M4RC

I need to remove the steering wheels controls (volume/skip tracks) 

ive removed the 3 screws at the bag but though I'd seek advice before blowing the airbag up. 

If ive got to take the whole thing out il disconnect the battery...

There is something you don't know? :O

I heard that for the volume buttons you can literally pop the plastic cover straight off to see the buttons underneath - I am unsure if there are anymore screws under this to take the actual unit out (I'm guessing this is to change the lights behind?)

Don't count me on this one though but I believe I saw somewhere you can pop the cover off (I think it was in a post where somebody said there buttons were broken and needed to get behind to clean them out...)

40 minutes ago, JSMarsden said:

There is something you don't know? :O

I heard that for the volume buttons you can literally pop the plastic cover straight off to see the buttons underneath - I am unsure if there are anymore screws under this to take the actual unit out (I'm guessing this is to change the lights behind?)

Don't count me on this one though but I believe I saw somewhere you can pop the cover off (I think it was in a post where somebody said there buttons were broken and needed to get behind to clean them out...)

Hahah yeah I'm going to give it another go tonight, I was attempting it at 10 o'clock last night and kept accidentally beeping the horn so thought I'd leave it until tonight haha. Also it's a train horn I have 😁

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, M4RC said:

Hahah yeah I'm going to give it another go tonight, I was attempting it at 10 o'clock last night and kept accidentally beeping the horn so thought I'd leave it until tonight haha. Also it's a train horn I have 😁

I would love one of those :yahoo: but they aren't technically legal are they? I got to be a good boy since i only passed last year. 

3 hours ago, M4RC said:

Just spotted this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-fiesta-mk7-mk8-mk9-zetec-S-ST-steering-wheel-trim-Bezel-/291690338362?hash=item43ea19583a:g:3g8AAOSwG-1WyJvL Don't know if it helps with regards to getting behind the controls but this looks like one way! (I know its an ST Trim, but I guess its similar to Zetec S)

I added cruise to my ST.

Had to take out the four screws, remove air bag to get to the connections for the wiring loom for the buttons. Then the plastic trim simple pulls off and you can remove the buttons. Why are you wanting to though?

22 hours ago, TheYoungGinge said:

I added cruise to my ST.

Had to take out the four screws, remove air bag to get to the connections for the wiring loom for the buttons. Then the plastic trim simple pulls off and you can remove the buttons. Why are you wanting to though?

Ah so I've got to take the airbag out and where's the 4th screw?

im doing an SMD conversion so need to get to the controls out 

On 25 February 2016 at 1:33 PM, JSMarsden said:

I would love one of those :yahoo: but they aren't technically legal are they? I got to be a good boy since i only passed last year. 

Not sure to be honest haha, unless you go about brading it surely it can't be that bad ha

On 25 February 2016 at 3:57 PM, JSMarsden said:

Just spotted this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-fiesta-mk7-mk8-mk9-zetec-S-ST-steering-wheel-trim-Bezel-/291690338362?hash=item43ea19583a:g:3g8AAOSwG-1WyJvL Don't know if it helps with regards to getting behind the controls but this looks like one way! (I know its an ST Trim, but I guess its similar to Zetec S)

Hmm.. It certainly looks like it's removable without taking the centre piece and stuff out

• 3 years later...

Hi. I am trying to remove the plastic lower cover on my 2008 fiesta zetec blue. 1.25. but took the 3 screws but but cover won't pass over stereo volume controls. Can any one help. 

Thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club