Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1.5 No ABS light on ignition

James3891

Hi wonder if anyone can help , Got a 2003 1.6 Focus Zetec that i recently bought.It has no ABS check light on ignition when the other check lights come up .It lights up on the Gauge test though so it is there and my brother said the ABS is communicating as he has diagnostic software .There is a speed sensor issue causing an ABS fault but no ABS light on at start up or later at all.It has a new cluster in it , Black with Orange dials but layout is identical to the same year white/red Zetec one.Is it possible the wiring is different if its from a different year ? or likely just badly fitted?.Family mechanic of many years bought it from admitted its not not mot-able (7 mths on it) but wont remove the cluster and hunt for it (nice of him ) unless i can tell him what it most certainly is.My brother is decent with electrics and we have the wiring diagram for it but currently no idea how it can happen.The ABS does kick in and work.

All help appreciated

James

ide look at the cluster then its possible the abs was covered or bulb removed due to it being on its easy enough to get the cluster out and check

Thanks, think the cluster will have to come out for a closer look , the ABS light does come on when you start a gauge test so its not covered and the bulb is there but just no sign of it on ignition when all the other ones  come on and off.

Not sure if the glow plug light shows up on the usual ignition check for a petrol then goes off but that stays off totally too but the gauge check it does show along with the ABS .So any cluster from a 98-04 Focus should work fully on an 03 regardless?.

Thanks again,

James

right I get it now if the light works but not on ignition then there's a fault codes will be needed it could be cluster but with this fault it could be abs module as well faulty abs sensor damaged abs sensor wiring

Yeah i guess it could be the ABS itself, the front drivers side speed sensor is throwing up the code , it had a bump around the front wing/wheel, bent the a/c dryer pot in etc and was cat c'd so wonder if the bump upset the ABS as a whole .Thanks for your help .

it very well could have I've had cars with abs faults and it was as simple as the abs sensor wasn't fully plugged in

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club