Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With Car?

PointyB

Basically I have driven 400 miles, it was a brand new MK7. I take it around and I have noticed the clutch is slightly stiffer, as well as the brakes, compared to when I first got the car. Also, after I have driven it, when I turn the ignition off, there is a strange smell. Something like tarmac :S Finally, shifting into gear 1 from when my car is stationary sometimes doesn't work I have to go neutral then back up to 1. Is this normal?

That "tarmac" smell could be brand new rubber from your tyres.

My gears make a knife through butter look tough so any doubts, book her in under warranty

That "tarmac" smell could be brand new rubber from your tyres.

My gears make a knife through butter look tough so any doubts, book her in under warranty

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the 1.25 (which the original poster has) and the 1.4 that you have may have a different gearbox. Ours is a 1.25 and it has the IB5 gearbox - not sure if that one's also used in the 1.4. Anyway, the IB5 on ours is a bit notchy/reluctant to go into first gear (it also quite likes popping out of reverse initially unless it's put into it like you really mean it). Ours hasn't stiffened up in any way, though. We had it checked by the dealer recently and everything checked out fine, apparently.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the 1.25 (which the original poster has) and the 1.4 that you have may have a different gearbox. Ours is a 1.25 and it has the IB5 gearbox - not sure if that one's also used in the 1.4. Anyway, the IB5 on ours is a bit notchy/reluctant to go into first gear (it also quite likes popping out of reverse initially unless it's put into it like you really mean it). Ours hasn't stiffened up in any way, though. We had it checked by the dealer recently and everything checked out fine, apparently.

I've got a 1.25 and it's only reluctant to go into second or first gear if I'm moving. Need to be around 10mph or lower to slip into 2nd gear comfortably. From standstill though, all the gears are easy to shift into.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club