Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind deflector problems

Ryan M

Anyone installed Team Heko wind deflectors on a mk7.5 fiesta?

Finally bit the bullet and bought some been considering it for months finally decided i quite like the look of them.

After having installed them, everytime i put the window up it wont stay at the top and drops down again, the instructions say pull the window up so this means ive got to pretty much force it up and leave it for an hour? Don't really like the sound of that if im honest.

I had this problem at first, they usually take a few days to bed themselves :)

Or it is because the window is catching the wind deflector meaning it triggers the sensor for the window

• Like 1

Was triggering the sensor but i realised i was just letting it automatically go all the way up but instead this time i just edged the window up bit by bit and it worked, now i'll leave it for abit.

• Like 1

I wish I hadn't seen this thread.... I don't want to even get started with the team heko's I bought... 

Im going to have to now though.... I'll do it in brief.

Arrived fine. Fitted fine. Window sorted with anti-trap. Windows didn't shut fully still. Forced up manually by hand. Did the trick. Left for a few days. Didn't touch them. Didn't use Windows. Then. The Windows kept slipping down over a period of time... I put the metal clips in. Didn't resolve the problem. Took the deflectors off. I thought b*lloc*s to the idea. Fancied having ago at refitting them. Fitted them fine. Purchased thick double sided tape. Didn't workout as I hoped. Deflectors kept slipping after trying them out after 2days. Took them off. 

Im wanting to get some more. But I'm on and off with it. It's a case I pay£25 again for them to work or not... Or go all out and get climairs for near enough £50... 

Team heko's on my fiesta look really smart though! What makes it more annoying I got more brother some for Christmas, he fitted his fine to his fiesta st-3. Didn't use the tape provided or clips. He just slipped them in!

• Like 1

Wind deflectors seem more trouble than they're worth, as without them I can still have my window down a fare bit without any wind or rain problems. 

6 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

I wish I hadn't seen this thread.... I don't want to even get started with the team heko's I bought... 

Im going to have to now though....

HAHAHAHA Brilliant.

Anyway regarding the Hekos, yeah fine for me as long as my windows are up, put them down and they rattle like a well like a rattle. Thank the lord (Henry Ford) for climate control. 

I ordered some for my car mk6 so will see how it goes

They're working fine for me now,  although hear a little cracking from when the window is about half way up as it still touches the deflector but that's it, happy with them now as they look smart.

I fitted climairs, they stop the shuddering wind effect. Winding the windows up they always catch, not enough to cause a reverse though. Sometimes get bits of grit? on them, then it sounds like a cat dragging its claws down a blackboard. When turning corners I find myself bobbing up and down (mostly down) trying to see, so that's about 15:40 against. I'm still keeping them on though so that's game set and match to Maria Bueno :D

God I'm old.

• Like 1

I've had no issues whatsoever, and my Helps have been fitted on both my mk6'

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

My Climairs have been fine from day one, whereas we just put some Hekos the other day on to the other half's 5 door and the rear ones especially weren't keen on staying up!  I've told her to leave all her windows up for a week, and then we'll see if we still need to clip them in / tape etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ukcal said:

My Climairs have been fine from day one, whereas we just put some Hekos the other day on to the other half's 5 door and the rear ones especially weren't keen on staying up!  I've told her to leave all her windows up for a week, and then we'll see if we still need to clip them in / tape etc.

My rear heko's were spot on! It was the fronts that were the issue! I think it's a case of the window channels been quite loose? That make them slip? Tighter the channel better they stick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

My rear heko's were spot on! It was the fronts that were the issue! I think it's a case of the window channels been quite loose? That make them slip? Tighter the channel better they stick. 

Yeah, I'll have a look for her tomorrow or this weekend. We haven't tried the clips yet, but I have a feeling the rears might need them! Unlike the front, they don't really have any pressure from the sides to force them in much!

• Like 1

Guys there's a window re-learn needs to be done and all will be good.

No problems with Heko and fitted to 3 Fiestas here. Yes at first all 3 had window "drop" but the re-learn fixed all 3 permanently.

Switch the ignition On.

Hold down the window switch until the window is fully lowered,

Release the switch momentarily, and then press down again for 5 seconds

Then...

Hold up the switch until the window is fully raised

Release the switch momentarily, and then hold up again for 5 seconds

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Hi guys should this be like this ? 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Hi guys should this be like this ? 

image.jpeg

Had the same issue on one of my fronts, think it was the passenger side...

pretty sure, deflectors are supposed to slide in and the window work like nothing was there? 

45 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

Had the same issue on one of my fronts, think it was the passenger side...

pretty sure, deflectors are supposed to slide in and the window work like nothing was there? 

Yeah it works great so what should I do then ? Leave it or take it out and leave it resting on the rubber ? Can i get water leak when i have like thatv

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Yeah it works great so what should I do then ? Leave it or take it out and leave it resting on the rubber ? Can i get water leak when i have like thatv

I took mine off because they kept slipping and my window wasn't shutting fully... 

(Not anti-trap) 

45 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

I took mine off because they kept slipping and my window wasn't shutting fully... 

(Not anti-trap) 

I will take them out tomorrow and put them in correct wAy

• Like 1

Posted this before, but nobody likes the idea, I suppose because they do not have the name on them like these slot in deflectors that everyone complains about.

I have used self adhesive deflectors since 2006. Fixed to the door frame with 3Ms double sided tape. Never had any problems. Never comes loose, No sticking in the window channel.  Bought from a 4x4 shop on eBay. and....cheaper than Heko or Climair.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick Q for those with the ClimAirs...

I picked mine up from the dealers today and set about fitting them. There is no clips or adhesive whatsoever in the box/on the deflectors. Is this normal for ClimAirs? On my previous cars the deflectors always needed either the adhesive or the clips. Do the ClimAirs stay in by themselves? I test fitted on my passenger side and I had the same rubber pinching issue as Patricio, again is this normal for these deflectors? First impressions aren't great tbh.