Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window tinting question

mr_oconbhui

Right guys I bought this a couple of days ago and I'm in two minds whether to tint the back 3 windows or just leave them as they are? I have seen some photo's online but none of a silver 5door mk6 like my own with the rear windows tinted. Has anyone any decent pictures or would anyone be able to photoshop it for me. If someone can I don't want it a total blackout just something subtle.

12767379_779492652183935_483337258_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys sorry to be bumping up an old thread and for the lack of posts since I have joined I just haven't had the time with work. Would any of ye have a photo of a silver 5 door mk6 like my own with the back windows tinted? I'm still unsure of doing this because I don't want to go and spend the money for it to look crap and have to take the tint off again.

Five door model for you mate. 

image.png

Cheers for the help lads. I'm still undecided on what to do. What would your opinions on it be?

• Like 1

I prefer it mate. As nice as your car is, you'll see that the tints just top it off. 

When I had mine done, it felt so much different inside the cabin, felt more private, obviously😉 Just transforms the car mate. 

Before and after of mine. 

I'd get it done mate. You won't regret it!👍🏻

image.jpeg

image.png

Yeah I think I might give it a go and see but the only thing that I think may make it look a bit tacky is the fact the car has the black side moldings and black mirrors. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about that, I think you'll find I might just work. 

Another option is looking at car breakers see if you can find silver side mouldings and mirror caps... Or wrap/plasti dip/Kote what you want want. 😏

Ah feck it I think I'll get it done. Now to find a decent place locally that does it and wont charge mental money for it. I've been looking but no joy for the silver moldings. I don't think they look bad at all but if I could get the silver moldings I think it would just make it look that little bit better.

I have the same situation, Silver mk6 5 door and dont know whether to tint but after seeing these pictures I may go ahead, Any ideas on how dark i should have them, the picture above looks like the back window and the small back side window is completely blacked out, what would look best?

Mine isn't completely blacked out. I've got 20% on. Looks spot on. 

• 1 month later...

The tints on that silver Mk6.5 5-door look great! What percentage were the original Ford tints (e.g. if you got the Sport Pack)? 

How dark you gone cocky what % you gone for

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I went 20%, spot on, can't really see in. Would recommend. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club