Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On what car model and engine did Ford use Pug engines?

nazsky786

II'm wondering what cars and engines did Ford use Peugeot engines?

Are them models even reliable and did they do this on any Focus models?

Just asking as they are not the most reliable to be honest. 

Volvo engines I know about are the 2.5 litre T5 engines. 

Some was also made by Yamaha I think was the 1.4 1.6 petrol. 

In under the impression that pug engines are only diesel. 

It's the other way round actually.

Peugeot used modified Ford engines.

I would avoid 1.6 diesels though.

• Like 1

So the 1.6 diesel is a Peugeot engine. I was told by people Ford used their engines. 

It's even said BMW and Ford was about to do another deal that didn't happen. 

So I have to stick with petrol then?

If what you said is right then the reliability issue is actually Ford fault?

• Like 1

It's the other way round actually.

Peugeot used modified Ford engines.

I would avoid 1.6 diesels though.

i was told by ford its peugeot designed 1.4,1.6 and 2.0, with ford altering certain areas of it.

no idea if they were telling the truth though, all i do know they are crap though. lol

cant beat the 1.8 tdci ( for a diesel) for reliabilty compared to the above engines.

• Like 1

the same 1.6 dv6 is fitted to peugeot , citroen, mini, and think even toyota used it, and others no doubt.

1.8 Tdci is ford through and through, the basic design is as old as the hills. Agricultural, but solid. Still has some bad bits though. Why they changed to a wet belt and didn't keep the chain setup I'll never understand that...... Doesn't have a dpf though, pity it doesn't have  a 16valve head and 6 speed gearbox. That would have been nice...

• Like 1

The 1.4, 1.6 and 2.0 TDCI diesel engines are completely designed and produced by PSA (Peugeot/Citroen). Only additional components (engine mounts, hoses and electronics for example) that are installed onto the engine are designed and produced by Ford.

The 16-valve DV6 engine used on the Focus MK2/MK2.5 is known for its problems However if these engines are looked after and a reduced service interval is applied most of the problems can be prevented. The later 8-valve versions of the DV6 engine which are used on the Focus MK3/MK3.5 do not have as much problems as its 16-valve predecessor and is basically a good engine.

The 2.0 TDCI engine which is used on the Focus MK2,/MK2.5 and MK3/MK3.5 (not to be confused with the old Ford 2.0 TDCI engine used on the old Mondeo MK3) does not have any real problems.

• Like 2

Guys, the diesels engines all mentioned are built in Dagenham by Ford. Sold onto other markets and tuned to the desired manufactures specifications.

Also the T5 engine, again was built in South Wales by Ford for the Volvo market & ST's. Now obsolete.

Similarly the 1.25/1.4 Zetec SE/Sigma pfi sold onto marine industry.

The new 2.0L diesel is leading edge technology, solid engine. Again built for Ford markets, Pug RCZ and JLR.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The PSA Group (Peugeot/Citroën/Bmw) sells a variety of automobile engines. Later HDi engines are built as part of a joint-venture with Ford Motor Company.

PSA entered into a joint venture with the Ford Motor Company to produce a range of new diesel engines. The joint venture makes identical engines which are fitted to a variety of vehicles from a range of car manufacturers. The engines are assembled in production plants in the cities of Trémery and Douvrin for PSA in France, at the Ford Dagenham plant in the UK, and the Ford-owned Volvo Engine Plant in Skövde Sweden.

The 1.6 L (1,560 cc) Diesel is part of the DV/DLD family and is, depending application, called the DV6 (PSA), W16 (MINI) or DLD-416 (Ford). 90 PS and 110 PS versions are available. Though both intercooled, the major difference being that the 90 PS has a conventional waste-gated Mitsubishi MHI TD025 turbo charger, whilst the 110 PS uses a Garret GT15V variable geometry (VNT) turbocharger. The 110 PS version of this engine can be ordered in an unprecedented variety of car models, representing either side of the motoring spectrum, ranging from the MINI Cooper D to the Volvo S80 1.6D DRIVe. From 2011 PSA start to develop (1,598 cc) diesel with BMW/Mini

The 8-valve, 2.0 L DW10, delivering 90 or 110 brake horsepower (67 or 82 kW), is part of the PSA EW/DW engine family. It is equipped with a fixed-geometry turbocharger. Initially available in the midsized models, such as the Citroën Xsara and Xantia and Peugeot 306 and 406, it was soon spread across the PSA range, such as the LCVs, while a 16-valve version, with 109 PS (80 kW), was used in the large MPVs built in association with Fiat. Suzuki was a customer of these powerplants, using them in the European Vitara and Grand Vitara. The PSA/Ford joint venture DW10B and DW10CZSD engine Diesel engine uses the same cylinder casing but has a 16-valve head. This engine is fitted to the Ford Focus, 2007 Ford Mondeo, Ford Galaxy, Ford C-Max, Ford S-Max, Volvo C30, Volvo S40, Volvo V50, Citroën C5, Citroën C6 and Peugeot 408.

The Volvo Modular Engine was developed as part of Project Galaxy[13][14] which began in the late 1970s.[15][16] The prototype engines called X-100[17] had only four cylinders[18] but already featured the sandwhich and all aluminum construction of the later production variants.[19][20] Early prototypes of the X-100 were designed similar to the existing redblock engines with a single camshaft and the oilfilter mounted on the side of the engine rather than the bottom.[21]

The first available engine was the B6304F[22] which debuted in August 1990 in the Volvo 960.[12] A year later, with the introduction of the Volvo 850 in June 1991, the first five-cylinder variant in form of the B5254F[12][23][24] hit the market. It was equipped with V-VIS[25] (Volvo Variable Intake System) which was designed to improve engine response between 1500-4100 rpm. V-VIS was only available on the 2,5L 20V naturally aspirated engines and was discontinued after 1994. In 1995[26] with the launch of the Volvo S40 the four-cylinder B4184S and B4204S engines[27] were released.[28] In 1998, with the introduction of the 1999 model year S80,[29] Volvo began to transition to updated versions of their 'N'-series engines, now called 'RN',[30] short for revised 'N'.[31] Drive-by-wire, coil-on-plug systems and variable valve timing (VVT)[32] were introduced along with new engine management systems.[33][34] 10 valve engines were slowly phased out in favour of detuned 20 valve versions.[35]a volvo engine used in the focus st when ford aquired volvo

With the introduction of the second generation Volvo S40 in 2003 another update to the engine family took place. The new engine was called 'RNC',[36] the 'C' standing for 'compact' to emphasise the decrease in overall dimensions.

• Like 2

The pug ones are fitted to all the ones that breakdown.

• Like 5

On 3/6/2016 at 8:30 PM, james1089 said:

LMAO :whip:

• Like 1

Peugeot are actually well known for producing reliable diesel engines.

The 1.4 & 1.6 TDCI engines used in, Peugeot, Citroen, Ford, Mazda are sweet little engines.

Ford and Peugeot worked together in developing these engines, they were first used in the late 1990's and are still being used today.

Regularly serviced engine should see well over 200k if looked after.

• Like 1

Peugeot did make good diesel engines before Ford starting getting involved with them. :wink: 

The 1.4 and 1.6 are plagued with common faults, even with regular servicing.  Best one is the 2.0 16v as Ford didn't have much to do with it!  They should stick to the turbo petrols and leave the diesels alone imo. :tongue: 

• Like 2

i.i.r.c. Ford Sierra diesels ( 1984 - ish ) were Pug powered

On 3/6/2016 at 8:30 PM, james1089 said:

Well its never really engines its everything thats added like injectors and fuel pumps, when my brother can do over 300,000 miles in a fiat doblo with 1 clutch and that was it, Same everything else apart from battery I have to ask questions. He only really changed the oil maybe an air and fuel filter every 70,000 miles if it was lucky or when I forced him. That was start stop mileage on top.

On 09/03/2016 at 11:30 AM, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

i.i.r.c. Ford Sierra diesels ( 1984 - ish ) were Pug powered

Yeah, they had a rather gutless 2.3 Peugeot unit before being replaced with a more powerful 1.8 Ford endura (non-turbo) unit.