Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Passenger Locked Inside

PaulHere

Our 58 registration year Fiesta has decided to let front passengers get in but not out.

My first thought was that the "child lock" toggle must have been moved but both positions have the same effect.

Also the passenger window does not fully lower using either passenger or drivers switch.

Using the central locking console or key fob button or does not enable the inner handle to work.

All other doors work as usual.

At the moment the only way to get out of the front passenger seat is to lean over to the drivers side, switch on the ingition, lower the passenger window (until it stops halfway), then reach outside and open the door.

Am I missing some special 'child protection' feature or is something just plain busted?

Our 58 registration year Fiesta has decided to let front passengers get in but not out.

My first thought was that the "child lock" toggle must have been moved but both positions have the same effect.

Also the passenger window does not fully lower using either passenger or drivers switch.

Using the central locking console or key fob button or does not enable the inner handle to work.

All other doors work as usual.

At the moment the only way to get out of the front passenger seat is to lean over to the drivers side, switch on the ingition, lower the passenger window (until it stops halfway), then reach outside and open the door.

Am I missing some special 'child protection' feature or is something just plain busted?

It sounds like something has come adrift inside the door, which is jamming things, if you have any warranty, take it back, if not take the door card off & have a look.

Seems like you had the same sort of problem I had except you couldn't get in but you could get out. Something inside the door is broken.

What dealers did you get it from?

We bought it from Ford Milton Keynes who we are very happy with.

We will certainly be talking to them and getting it fixed, will keep you all posted.

Lets hope that it doesn't take them over 7 weeks to fix it like Bicester Ford took to fix mine. Mine would proberbly still be broke if they never got the phone call from Motability.

Further investigation reveals the carrier hook for the door handle wire is missing and presumably inside the door...

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

Rang Ford MK, booked the car in, told them I thought the above faults were caused during the previous work on the wing mirror.

They agreed that somehow a mechanic had somehow disconnected the door handle, and it had not been noticed.

There would be no charge for the work.

Upon collection at the end of the day the door did open correctly, but the electric window was still found to only open halfway.

I rang Ford and asked for an explanation - I had after all explained the faults on the telephone when I booked the car in and when I dropped the car off (and seen it written down).

The problem turned was that window fault information was not transferred to the mechanics job card so he did not look at it.

This means another trip to Ford on my day off.

Quick update:

Rang Ford MK, booked the car in, told them I thought the above faults were caused during the previous work on the wing mirror.

They agreed that somehow a mechanic had somehow disconnected the door handle, and it had not been noticed.

There would be no charge for the work.

Upon collection at the end of the day the door did open correctly, but the electric window was still found to only open halfway.

I rang Ford and asked for an explanation - I had after all explained the faults on the telephone when I booked the car in and when I dropped the car off (and seen it written down).

The problem turned was that window fault information was not transferred to the mechanics job card so he did not look at it.

This means another trip to Ford on my day off.

Dont theses people EVER check to see that after work is carried out on any component,that things connected to it should have to be checked,just incase they have dislodged something ,like what happened when you took the car in the first time.

Seems to me that anybody with half a brain would check ALL systems before signing the job off

I would ask for at least my fuel expenses to be paid, as this is just pure sloppy work on behalf of the service desk and the mechanic

Dont theses people EVER check to see that after work is carried out on any component,that things connected to it should have to be checked,just incase they have dislodged something ,like what happened when you took the car in the first time.

Seems to me that anybody with half a brain would check ALL systems before signing the job off

I would ask for at least my fuel expenses to be paid, as this is just pure sloppy work on behalf of the service desk and the mechanic

these days its a lot about pure laziness to do a job properly in the first place , unfortunatly this is the world we live in now

• 2 weeks later...

Took car to Ford MK and spoke for a while to the service manager who came out, looked at the car, apologised for their mistake, and took it to the workshop straight away. An hour or so later I was driving off, everything sorted. :D

Nice to have the car perfect again.