Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sky Q TV

ZetecShearer1987

Whats everyone opinion on the new sky experience has been released in the uk.

I currently have sky + hd with all the channels with fibre broadband and ive seen the new options available and im tempted.

Anyone else upgraded to sky q and what does everyone think

Looked at it but undecided at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

With the prices sky are changing for it no chance. It seems to me all the TV companies now are just over priced rip offs. I've down graded to minimum package now as I was feed up pay well ova £100 a month for repeats and 99% of channels never got watched cause it was all just crap. Sky Q will be the same 99% of channels will be repeats or not watched cause there crap. So for me I won't be upgrading to it. 

Sky is expensive, but a good way to reduce your bill is just to ring up and threaten to cancel. I told mum to do it and they reduced the monthly bill by £10!

• Like 1

Overpriced rip off - rather spend the money on holidays & beer :smile:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Sky is expensive, but a good way to reduce your bill is just to ring up and threaten to cancel. I told mum to do it and they reduced the monthly bill by £10!

Deffo worth doing this, managed to halve mine for a year :)

What is Sky Q? Saw the adverts but was unsure what it actually was? Got VM at mine, simply because the Fibre is pretty damn good. (The odd hiccup but think its because the router is in a cupboard/attic room 3 floors above where I mainly use it)

I saw Sky's advert for the fluid vision thing lol, I'm guessing this is Sky Q?  I'd like Sky simply for the Sports & the kids stuff but we can't justify about £60 a month especially as it would be on top of £59pcm for the BT Infinity.  It's still tempting though

• Like 1

It's all about wireless streaming of Sky around your house without wires everywhere.

Each box acts as a wireless hub so you can have clear wifi wherever in the house you are.

Records 3 channels while you watch a 4th one too which is double the capability of Sky+.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

It's all about wireless streaming of Sky around your house without wires everywhere.

Each box acts as a wireless hub so you can have clear wifi wherever in the house you are.

Records 3 channels while you watch a 4th one too which is double the capability of Sky+.

So essentially if you have miltiroom (IE Sky box in living room, one in a bedroom) they also act as wifi spots to enhance broadband speed so that you can stream easier upstairs (Stronger signal?) Effectively saving you having modems everywhere? Or have I missed something - or is it simply a modem built into the box for downstairs so you dont need both? 

Not 100% sure but Sky says the boxes are wifi hubs.

Whether that replaces the usual Sky hub or not I can't confirm.

Not 100% sure but Sky says the boxes are wifi hubs.

Whether that replaces the usual Sky hub or not I can't confirm.

Looking at the website, it looks as though the Sky Q boxes are more of a signal booster rather than the hub itself.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

Looking at the website, it looks as though the Sky Q boxes are more of a signal booster rather than the hub itself.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thats what I thought, more of a signal repeater than a modem, or hub to create a network.

Its a pity as it needs more than a box to boost the speed of their broadband anyway!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club