Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRLs? Professional Finish?

charlierwalker

Hi Guys

I'd like to fit DRLs onto my Focus 3.0 but I want it to look like a professional finish as if it came out the factory. What options do I have? I've seen a few designs around but no pictures of them fitted.

any advice recieved greatfully!

Charles

I'm also quite interested in this one. You don't want to end up with fairy lights...

I've seen a few cars with a white strip light that's been added onto the headlight, looks pretty good.

I've also seen the U shaped ones which sit within the triangular grill pieces but I'm not sure how easy they are to add to a car which doesn't have DRLs fitted already... Surely they require a control box to make sure they activate when all other lights are off?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

0fe6afdb8162c63997e728d104cc9a80.jpg

This is the idea with the strip lights. Seen these looking very smart on a couple of cars.

6298fa8c4e42385fb7a5e08125afb940.jpg

I like the idea of these too but I think they stick out a little too much and I've only seen them pictures on cars with DRLs already fitted.. I imagine it's easier to get them running if the circuit to activate them is already there

I'd suggest that they won't. The ones you fit into the headlight interest me though if anyone has any experience of them

This is my car:

56d38e70d623b_ImageUploadedByFordOC14567

56d38e7b47df6_ImageUploadedByFordOC14567

56d38e8404cf7_ImageUploadedByFordOC14567

£40ish from eBay. Fits perfectly and looks amazing with HIDs.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

This isn't the best photo of them, as they are really bright. But, these are what I have. They dim automatically when sidelights and headlights are turned on. They aftermarket ones from:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_nolden_daytime_running_lights_with_matt_black_bezel_f_1746355_c_997.htm

they are bit expensive though, but do look like they are from the factory. They are not honeycomb grille though, only standard Matt or Gloss ones. They come installed in a new triangular grille 

image.jpeg

Edited by mike6688
Added missing information

Kpg yours look mint. Do they activate with the side lights?

How did you find wiring them up?

• Like 1

Kpg yours look mint. Do they activate with the side lights?

How did you find wiring them up?

Aye I have them wired so that they're on 100% brightness with sidelights on and dim to 50% when headlights on.

Wiring was ok, bit of thinking and searching to start with but could do it blindfolded now. Some instructions say to splice into sidelight wiring to dim the drls but I didn't want them to dim with sidelights so wired to the dipped beam power instead.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.