Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black/Red Suspension Part Numbers and Advice

Willy

Lowering Help.

I'm planing on improving the handling of my Titanium X by swapping out the springs. I don't want it to low so 30mm is the max I want to go.

I'm after someone who can get me part numbers and prices for the Black / Red edition struts as I plan to swap out my original struts.

On the spring front my first option is the mountune kit then the Eibach pro kit.

Question.
Will the ride be softer with my standard struts compared to the Zetec S etc struts?

Thanks.

OK so decided I'm going for Black / Red edition shocks and Mountune lowing springs as it looks like the standard shock will make the ride a bit bouncy.

What I'd like to know is what bits are the same between the standard and uprated shocks? 

I've circled what I want to reuse from the old shocks.

2016-02-29 17.00.52.jpg

Hi Willy. 

SO here is mine.

1st pic was on H&R springs dropped for 40mm. Looks awesome and little to no body roll. Nice to drive especially cornering. Downside is the it was too firm and cannot bear it.

2nd is now on Eibach springs dropped for 30mm. For me perfect balance between firmness and ride quality.

I would recommend if you have the extra cash, just go for the complete bilstein coilover kit for both ride and handling.. 

00.jpg

c16.jpg

• Like 2

Like it mate.

I'm going through that midlife crisis at the moment and have specific requirements.

My cars only a year old so the components are fairly new so what to use as much of the original parts as possible.

I like the setup of the titanium from the factory but would like to reduce the body role while keeping it speed bump / pothole friendly.

Some people have said that putting eibachs on standard shocks makes the car bouncy so that's why I'm thinking of stiffer shocks from the ZS / B&R.

The cars my daily drive. I don't intend on tracking / racing it.

I want in improve the handling mainly.

I'm not the sort of guy that worried about how low I can get it.

I think i am getting at that age as well but the Eibach springs seems fine at the moment. There needs to be a compromise somewhere and the 17 alloys doesn't really help either.

Looks and drive vs comfort. OR just get the bilstein coilovers for the best of both - as suggested. You can try and feedback here.

Coilovers aren't for me mate for cost reasons really.

I personally don't want to muck about with the cars setup to much and want to keep the stock look with stock components.

This whole idea started when I took a ZS for a test drive back in 2013. I loved the handling of it but really needed a 5 door.

Because the ZS is only a 3 door car my only option was to add the Dress up kit to a five door but comprises on the slightly softer handling.

So in a nutshell I'm gunna be creating a 5 door Zetec S or as I call my car, a Titanium XS

Black /Red has same suspension setup as Zetec S.

I don't know if the extra weight of 5 door will make much difference to the back stiffness/ride height though.

Black /Red has same suspension setup as Zetec S.

I don't know if the extra weight of 5 door will make much difference to the back stiffness/ride height though.

I'll give it a bash and see what happens.

Out of curiosity are Bilstein Shocks (non coilies ) worth considering.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

The black / red edition and the ZS also have other stiffer suspension components, not just the shocks and lowering springs. Not sure what parts though, I think it was torsion bars or something 

Red / Black edition shocks ordered. Incidentally there the same part numbers as the Zetec S shocks.

Just waiting on the mountune springs now which are out of stock till middle of April :(

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club