Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Eibach part numbers

FMC

Have ordered a Mk7 Zetec S TDCi so I am now on a quest for info about anything and everything related to this fantastic little car - I can see many others wanting similar info in coming weeks/months so I thought I'd start a thread asking for info regarding Eibach part numbers for the Mk7 - as the info comes in I will tidy up this post so that the thread can become a useful information guide for those looking for the info!

In my introduction thread i asked whether there is a difference between the Eibach kits becasue I've only seen them advertised for the Mk7 with a disclaimer that they are "petrol only" - becasue the diesel variant(s) have different kerbweights then I presume there'll be different dampers and therefore different springs to compensate for the weight.

So, Mk 7 Eibach part numbers:

• for petrol models;
  • for diesel models;

Have ordered a Mk7 Zetec S TDCi so I am now on a quest for info about anything and everything related to this fantastic little car - I can see many others wanting similar info in coming weeks/months so I thought I'd start a thread asking for info regarding Eibach part numbers for the Mk7 - as the info comes in I will tidy up this post so that the thread can become a useful information guide for those looking for the info!

In my introduction thread i asked whether there is a difference between the Eibach kits becasue I've only seen them advertised for the Mk7 with a disclaimer that they are "petrol only" - becasue the diesel variant(s) have different kerbweights then I presume there'll be different dampers and therefore different springs to compensate for the weight.

• for petrol models;
  • for diesel models;

Hey, not sure on part numbers, but im in possesion of the Eibach lowering springs for the mk7 TDCi 1.6 if your interested? there brand new and still in the box. Im trying to sell them to make way for the KW coilovers. Bought them on impulse lol.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if the Eibach springs for the Fiesta Mk7 approved by Ford (as they are on the Mk6/6.5 and Focus)?

Would consider getting a set if they are.

Haven't got my car quite yet (due in this week) but the ZS on display in the dealers seems to sit quite high.

• for petrol models;
  • for diesel models;

The part number on the Eibach Pro-kit box for the mk7 1.6 petrol is {B299} E10-35-020-01--22 number at bottom of box 10688 100512236. Diesel springs are different but I dont know the number.

Hey, not sure on part numbers, but im in possesion of the eibach lowering springs for the mk7 TDCi 1.6 if your interested? there brand new and still in the box. Im trying to sell them to make way for the KW coilovers. Bought them on impulse lol.

how much and do they alter the ride height???

piggy :)

By the way, the part numbers are:

Application : Fiesta Mk7 (JA8) 1.25/1.4/1.6 10/08> PETROL

Product Code: E10-35-020-01-22

Application : Fiesta Mk7 (JA8) 1.4 TDCi/1.6 TDCi 10/08> DIESEL

Product Code: E10-35-020-02-22

:)

By the way, the part numbers are:

Application : Fiesta Mk7 (JA8) 1.25/1.4/1.6 10/08> PETROL

Product Code: E10-35-020-01-22

Application : Fiesta Mk7 (JA8) 1.4 TDCi/1.6 TDCi 10/08> DIESEL

Product Code: E10-35-020-02-22

:)

i hope mountune are going to do some kw over coils

Should be 35mm lower from standard, so 25mm from Zetec... PS: I`m also dreaming about them, just need to wait till summer...

Dealership told me warranty was void if I put these on my ZS, even if they are Ford issue!

Can anyone clarify this?

Dealership told me warranty was void if I put these on my ZS, even if they are Ford issue!

Can anyone clarify this?

Surely would only void suspension components, IE shockers, arms, antiroll bar etc?!

Surely would only void suspension components, IE shockers, arms, antiroll bar etc?!

Well, dealership said that some guys guys clutch went on a 1 & 1/2 yr old car and they blamed it on the car being lowered and the clutch hitting a speed bump!

Any excuse eh....

Well, dealership said that some guys guys clutch went on a 1 & 1/2 yr old car and they blamed it on the car being lowered and the clutch hitting a speed bump!

Any excuse eh....

mmmm...bit tricky that, as the clutch is in the bell housing...what a load of bull :o

mmmm...bit tricky that, as the clutch is in the bell housing...what a load of bull :o

I agree, that excuse is a load of rubbish

On my previous car (a 2007 Mondeo) the Ford dealer refused to fit the Eibach springs even though they were in the brochure. They told me it would invalidate the warranty as "the camber would be out."

Anyone know how much Ford charge to fit them?

too much!?

Is it that if you get them through Ford and have them fit them that they won't then void the warranty?!?!

if so, thats shocking!

Some dealers don't know their arses from their elbows do they? :o

I had similar discussions this week with my dealer, who argued they would void the warranty. When I pointed out that although Eibach lowering springs were not yet in a printed Ford Accessories brochure for the Mk7 Fiesta, they ARE in there for EVERY OTHER Ford model! Add to this, the fact that the Mk7 Eibach springs are listed on the Ford eCat system and have a FOrd part number!

So they have agreed to fit mine even though i bought them direct from Eibach UK, as long as I show they are brand new by supplying them in the box, showing the part number labels and the invoice from Eibach.

They are charging me £80 to fit them.

If anyone gets any hassle from their ill-informed dealers, tell them to take it up with Ford Customer Services. I have no worry about mine affecting either warranty or other parts after being fitted, becasue they are Ford approved by virtue of the fact that they have a Ford part number! :P

Tracking and headlight levelling adjustments should also be carried out after altering the suspension in any way, so make sure you get these done too ;)

Some dealers don't know their arses from their elbows do they? :o

I had similar discussions this week with my dealer, who argued they would void the warranty. When I pointed out that although Eibach lowering springs were not yet in a printed Ford Accessories brochure for the Mk7 Fiesta, they ARE in there for EVERY OTHER Ford model! Add to this, the fact that the Mk7 Eibach springs are listed on the Ford eCat system and have a FOrd part number!

So they have agreed to fit mine even though i bought them direct from Eibach UK, as long as I show they are brand new by supplying them in the box, showing the part number labels and the invoice from Eibach.

They are charging me £80 to fit them.

If anyone gets any hassle from their ill-informed dealers, tell them to take it up with Ford Customer Services. I have no worry about mine affecting either warranty or other parts after being fitted, becasue they are Ford approved by virtue of the fact that they have a Ford part number! :P

Tracking and headlight levelling adjustments should also be carried out after altering the suspension in any way, so make sure you get these done too ;)

Thanks for the info, £80 is a good price.

yeah, not bad for ford...not sure on the headlight leveling...don't get why unless the springs make the back end lower, or front end higher?!?!?

Piggy :)

yeah, not bad for ford...not sure on the headlight leveling...don't get why unless the springs make the back end lower, or front end higher?!?!?

Piggy :)

I'm hsppy with the £80 quoted.

As for the headlights (and i know where you're coming from in what you're saying) i've always just gone by this principle since people started having their Focus STs lowered which use self levelling xenons, and this was always done. It will only be slightly out, not as bad as if, like you say, only one end of the car was lowered, but the beam pattern will still be altered by having the whole car lowered, even if it's just by an inch ;)

I'm hsppy with the £80 quoted.

As for the headlights (and i know where you're coming from in what you're saying) i've always just gone by this principle since people started having their Focus STs lowered which use self levelling xenons, and this was always done. It will only be slightly out, not as bad as if, like you say, only one end of the car was lowered, but the beam pattern will still be altered by having the whole car lowered, even if it's just by an inch ;)

erm, no, the beam pattern is set by the headlight, not the height of the car....hava butchers next time your car is having an MOT, the tester slides the beam pattern gauge across in front of the headlight, then adjusts the height of the gauge to suit the headlight/height of car, then checks the beam.

Only if the beam was wrong in first place will it need adjusting....or as I said, the front or rear were higher/lower! :)

erm, no, the beam pattern is set by the headlight, not the height of the car

not sure about this. just think, when you put passengers in the back (2 or\with their luggage) you must set your lights from "0" to "1/2" because the back is lowered and the front lights are raised.

i assume thats the same case here but cant tell for sure because the drop in height should be equal to both front and back. (with the eibachs i mean)

Also, when you change the height of the car you MUST realign the wheels because the camber changes , FACT :rolleyes:

but i am a bit confused: should i go for it (the whole zetec s project thing) or should i wait for the st? :o

not sure about this. just think, when you put passengers in the back (2 or\with their luggage) you must set your lights from "0" to "1/2" because the back is lowered and the front lights are raised.

i assume thats the same case here but cant tell for sure because the drop in height should be equal to both front and back. (with the eibachs i mean)

Also, when you change the height of the car you MUST realign the wheels because the camber changes , FACT :rolleyes:

but i am a bit confused: should i go for it (the whole zetec s project thing) or should i wait for the st? :o

yeah, thats what i said?!?! :blink: only need to adjust headlights if the level of the car changes, not height B)

EDIT: waking up with migrane and flu...just thought what you maybe saying...i mean 'set' as in set by the manufacturer and then MOT techs, you can adjust the dip all day long with the leveling system, but the 'set'up of the headlights is not down by the height of the car :)

So does anyone with these fitted have some before/after pics? (petrol ZS comparison preferably)

I know Pumaspeed have a comparison pic on their site, but the 2 pics are taken from different angles and are quite misleading.

Also, can anyone comment on the difference in ride quality after fitting?

(Is it much different from stock? Do your fillings get shaken loose every time you drive?)

Cheers, Dave.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club