Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec tdci CO2 emission

Rubina
聽Share

Hi all,聽

im new to this forum so please be gentle lol

Owner of two fiesta's聽and knowing bits and bobs about cars but this made me think and i guess most of you will wondering too

聽i own聽a 2003 zetec 5dr hatch 1.4 tdci聽and聽im payin 拢110 road tax聽馃 other tdci models are 拢30 a year.. 馃 Hows that possible? Did they made that many different type of zetec tdci engines or what? 聽I counted 10 just in the zetec model and there are another 15 models were made with the same 1.4 tdci engine.聽it seems there is only one model like mine but the description isn't matching with.聽Ive no aircon no heated windscreen nothing luxury apart from the two front electric windows. It seems a basic zetec tdci model to me, which made me think to do a聽research. So many different models were聽available in that time when these cars were聽new but none of them co2 emissions were that high as this one. Loogbook says 121g/km which puts me in band D 拢110/year the other tdci聽models 116-120 which band聽C 拢30/year

contacted ford with a hope they could give me a resonable answer but they couldnt just gave me an 09...聽number which cost a fortune聽to call but no luck either聽got an email address to聽contact them on and im hoping to have some answers from there聽

Hope聽some of you might know what are the differences between these models fitted with the 1.4 zetec tdci engines and why聽is the聽difference in CO2 emission聽

There is the 1.4 petrol and the 1.4 TDCi - the TDCi is a diesel so the emissions are different, the Zetec is now kinda a trim level - mine is a 1.4 TDCi Zetec Climate.

18 minutes ago, m1tch said:

There is the 1.4 petrol and the 1.4 TDCi - the TDCi is a diesel so the emissions are different, the Zetec is now kinda a trim level - mine is a 1.4 TDCi Zetec Climate.

I know there are co2 differences between petrol聽and diesel cars but im talking about only the tdci聽engines how can it all be different on聽co2 emission when all is 1.4 tdci I presume that all are fitted with the same engine聽

3 hours ago, Rubina said:

I know there are co2 differences between petrol聽and diesel cars but im talking about only the tdci聽engines how can it all be different on聽co2 emission when all is 1.4 tdci I presume that all are fitted with the same engine聽

All TDCI engines in the range are class C, including the larger 1.6 engines as well:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/ford/fiesta/hatchback-2002/running-costs/

Sounds to me that your logbook might be wrong somehow, I can't think of any way there was a different engine fitted even on an earlier model.

Have you run a check with the DVLA to see what its coming up as:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

Mine is coming up as 119g so its in the C category:

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/rates-for-cars-registered-on-or-after-1-march-2001

Yeah i did they said rang ford to get it right if anything miss printed they'll send me a proof of that and send it to dvla and they will change it for me聽but somehow it comes up in their system the same as loogbook says

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club