Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DMF change. Which make of parts ??

RTumber

Hi there, 

I am about to buy A dual mass flywheel kit the car is on 127,000 miles I am intending to keep the car for at least 5 years. There is this kit that I have found which is cheap and supposedly comes with a four year warranty, 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371122786745?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

However should I be looking at LUK DMF or a SMF conversion ? and why?

Thanks, 

Regards.

i used one of these a few years back and its still ok   LUK DMF 

that kit looks like it's a SMF I wouldn't fit one of those can cause crankshaft bearing problems

Stay away from a solid one, what price difference is it between the LUK and the cheaper one 

On 3/1/2016 at 6:58 PM, RTumber said:

Hi there, 

I am about to buy A dual mass flywheel kit the car is on 127,000 miles I am intending to keep the car for at least 5 years. There is this kit that I have found which is cheap and supposedly comes with a four year warranty, 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371122786745?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

However should I be looking at LUK DMF or a SMF conversion ? and why?

Thanks, 

Regards.

I personally know 2 mates that have fitted non LUK replacement clutches on MK2 Focus's & 1 LUK clutch/DMF.  The longest the non LUK kits lasted was 30K, the LUK kit just passed 60K.  With the parts making up a relatively small amount of the cost of replacement due to labour, I personally wouldn't be looking to scrimp on parts.

smf can be fitted on the transits and available from ford , but wouldnt advise smf on a car,

I replaced mine about 6 weeks ago just as the car was set to reach 100k miles . Pig of a job to do, not much went right either.

I replaced with OE quality parts from LUK and FTE for the CSC.

I think I paid £380 for the DMF, clutch plate and CSC.

I opted for quality parts as the cost of cheaper vs the time to do the job just wasnt worth the saving.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club