Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 focus 2006 tdci no fuel getting to filter

Tzsteve

Hi All,

I broke down on the way home from work today, the car just stopped on the motorway, and when I got pulled over it started back up for a second but made a rattle sound and cut out, it seems as if no diesel is getting to the fuel filter there is diesel in the car as I topped it up today, my question is this: is there a lift pump incorporated into the tank sender unit? there are no faults showing on my obd scanner

any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Steve

no in tank pump. have you actuatly checked fuel in in filter?

yep, took the nipple off the top of filter and cranked.. No diesel getting to it, I'm getting different opinions as to whether or not there is a pump in the tank, I rang ford today and gave them the vin no and they said there is a pump attached to the sender unit in the tank, but a few other mechanics have said there is no pump. May have to just pull it apart to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this: managed to get it running but it ran like a pig... rattled like it was going to sh*t itself , plugged it in with a different scanner and it threw up a low pressure at fuel rail, so put new fuel filter did the metering valve and the fuel rail pressure sensor also .... and away she went..

must invest in a better diagnostic scanner as the one I was using is vagcom but it can read obd also, it didn't in this instance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club