Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GPS base upgrade.

BradleyC

Hi, not too sure on the title but i'll explain it.

The thread inside the GPS base is a little worse for were and the aerial is being held in by some silicone (I went for clear for a better touch haha) So far it's held in for over 4 months but eventually this is going to give up and fall off in the wind/while driving. I understand that ford don't make the GPS base anymore so I can't get a replacement but you can get a replacement product? (Think that's the word i'm looking for) The aerial and base is replaced for a normal style and a GPS module is fitted to the windscreen.

On that note, is the GPS base on the 'screen just like a blob? Or has it go an aerial on the outside of the screen making it look ugly? One more question; will there be a visible colour difference (Due to the sun) between the old GPS base and the standard aerial base that would be fitted?

Thanks, Brad.

when i retrofitted sat nav on my car, the gps aerial i bought was fitted  behind radio in dash,(nowhere near the screen) so nothing to see and works fine picking up plenty of sattelites

Briliant, thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club