Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creak In or Near Passenger Footwell

focmember2016

I have a creak in or near the passenger footwell on my 2015 Fiesta. It is heard when going over bumps in the road (even at low speed) and when I let my foot off the clutch (although if the engine is off then there is no creak when releasing the clutch). Also it only seems to occur after the car has warmed up. For example, when leaving my home after the car has been resting there is no noise going over the speed ramp outside but if I come back maybe 20 mins later the same ramp will cause a creak.

Ive searched forums and it seems I'm not alone with this but there doesn't seem to be a fix described.  I brought the car back to the dealer but they were useless. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Have you tried Ford Customer service? I found them very helpful for a similar problem.

I did, they really just told me to bring it to a different dealership...

Mine is most prevalent when I get in, and I hear a creak from the front. I have the horrible black and yellow speedhumps in the works carpark and it creaks everyday when I leave (Sometimes). If you go slow enough over them its fine - I think its just a case of things being too cold/going too fast over certain bumps - but my issue is the cold and always take it easy for the first 10/15 mins. I always take it easy over bumps anyway! 

I have the same problem mine seems to get worse when it's been raining for some reason. I've not come across a answer to the problem yet.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I am thinking now that it is actually between the two foot wells. I took the plastic panel off the passenger side of the transmission tunnel but I see nothing. I wonder if there is anything going through the firewall that's rubbing off something, like the gear shifter cable.

12 minutes ago, KeithOD said:

I am thinking now that it is actually between the two foot wells. I took the plastic panel off the passenger side of the transmission tunnel but I see nothing. I wonder if there is anything going through the firewall that's rubbing off something, like the gear shifter cable.

1) Have a quick look under your car to check there aren't any plastic guards dangling down scraping 2) A creak over bumps is prevalent in most fiestas. Mine does it over most bumps like I said, but more so when its cold. I have to travel over speed humps everyday and if you take one even 2-3mph more than the car likes, youll hear a creak. Try taking it over a cobbled road etc however I only get creaks when going over horrible black/yellow 5mph speed humps or big bumps.

It happens even when I am at crawling speed over ramps and it freaks even on normal roads (although not as loud and it is a shorter creak). I noticed if I push down on the clutch when going over a ramp then there is no noise...

12 minutes ago, KeithOD said:

It happens even when I am at crawling speed over ramps and it freaks even on normal roads (although not as loud and it is a shorter creak). I noticed if I push down on the clutch when going over a ramp then there is no noise...

Unsure then but I know that I get a lot of creaks, no matter if the clutch is in or not - usually on large bumps or road humps (i don't go over anything other than road humps). All i know is it happens all of the time and is a known factor in the Fiesta. However if you are still concerned I would contact Ford Customer Services directly who have the power to make ford distributors look at the car (especially if its under warranty) to see if there is anything wrong. If they tell you to take it to another dealer nearby, make sure they inform the dealer you are taking it there (other than them telling you to just try elsewhere first)

Wish I'd bought that Punto now. Guys over on the Fiat forum seem to think Ford have better build quality. 

16 minutes ago, KeithOD said:

Wish I'd bought that Punto now. Guys over on the Fiat forum seem to think Ford have better build quality. 

They do, IMO. If you compared the build quality of that of a Ford to a Fiat, you would probably find that the ford are more refined, however looking at a Fiesta they are still a budget car.

However like I say, call ford customer services who should direct you to a local garage for them to look at...they can't fix a problem unless you take it to them. If its a 2015 model then it will easily be under warranty and shouldn't cost you a penny for them to look at it. A few fiestas have a creak here and there, its nothing WRONG with the car, its just the way things are sometimes, however I don't get creaks on normal roads so unless you live on coronation street then it should be too much of an issue? 

You have 2 solutions : 1) Live with the problem, and don't do anything 2) call ford and demand that they look at the car under warranty and that you are concerned. 

There are no other real solutions until a mechanic has given it the all clear, as that seems the only likely scenario that will give you peace of mind

I already brought it to a garage and I'm reluctant to waste my time (and money) going to another one without first pinpointing where the noise is coming from. The garage I went to showed no initiative and little interest in tracking the cause and Ford CRC team were equally disappointing.

It clearly is something wrong with the car and how you think otherwise amazes me. If I tried to sell the car privately a potential buyer would ask about the noise and try to haggle using it as leverage or would walk away (which is what I would do). I wasn't actually thinking that the vehicle was unsafe but I don't expect this from a new car. If you ordered a new car and at delivery you saw a scratch, that clearly didn't compromise the safety of the car, then you'd still not accept it. If you choose to pay the premium to buy a new car then you are entitled to certain expectations. 

I'm not expecting anyone here to somehow cure the problem from their armchair. I'm asking in the hope that a) someone might have had creaks that appear under the same circumstances and had corrective repairs carried out, or, b) that someone who is more knowledgeable about cars than myself would have the intuition to be able to suggest areas to check. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club