Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tow Bar advice.

sonic113

Looking to get a towbar on the focus but need some advice. Mine is the 1.6 (Zetec Petrol) so would it stain the car much towing? Has anyone with the same engine got a towbar on here? If so what do you think of it?

I will only be using a very small trailer and moving a few bits of furniture and grass cuttings to the local dump so won't be moving anything major like stones or the likes lol!.

Been thinking about it for a while now , I'm not keen on the look of towbars but would be getting one of the detachable types so  I can pop ot on when I need it, so this solves that issue lol! But being able to pull the trailer fromnA to B would be great and also be fit to take the kids bikes about in the summer ect.

Thanks .

it will be fine for what you want i have a fixed one and glad i did as someone ran in to me no

damage on mine but you should have seen the front of his :smile:

• Like 1

You will have absolutely no hassle towing a small trailer with it. 

• Like 1

Thanks , I will be on the look out now to get a tow bar for the summer months. are they hard to fit?

not really but you need a towing really box to wire them up as your car is cam bus wiring

• Like 1

Thanks Dez, I actually forgot about the cam bus. I will pick up one near the summer and get one of those boxed you linked to for the electrics part of it. 

was looking a detachable one like these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xfocus+mk2+detachable+towbar.TRS0&_nkw=focus+mk2+detachable+towbar&_sacat=0

and at the cheapest I can get lol! 

:smile:

• Like 1

Pity I just thrown about 5 canbus bypass relays in the bin, brandnew. Lol

Installed one on my Mk2 without any cambus issues - just connected straight into the rear light cluster wiring.  There was a little buzzer which went in series with the indicator as well.  I remember at the time that there was discussion on whether that would work or not, but the advice in the packet said to just wire it directly so that's what I did.  Not sure if the Mk2.5 electrics are different though.

Another thing, the instructions that came with the towbar (Witter brand I think) said I would have to cut out a notch from the base of the rear bumper, but when it came to it I didn't need to.  I pays to check how things fit before cutting things which can't be uncut afterwards. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, iantt said:

Pity I just thrown about 5 canbus bypass relays in the bin, brandnew. Lol

why

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club