Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk V 180ps exhaust on 150ps with remap

STAndyM

Am I right in thinking the only difference between the TDCi 150ps and 180ps MK V variant is the exhaust back box and a different map?

If so my next question is can the back box be obtained in the after market?

I really like the look of the trapezoidal exhausts and would like to add it to my 150.

Are we talking about the mondeo mk V here?

Diffirent map : yes. I have my 150 remapped to 195 bhp /457 nm torque

I, too, like the exhaust 'look' and also am thinking of changing it. As far as I know, you do not have to change the whole rear bumper but just the spoiler lip....

I do not think you can obtaine  it in the aftermarket. but I can be wrong

• 1 month later...

I looked at what I think was a 150ps earlier and it had two exhausts (one each side) but they are bent downwards on exit behind the bumper. If yours is like that then all you need to do is replace the bumper skirt and fit the chrome trims or if you have the bodykit rear bumper you'll only have to remove the grills and fit the chrome trims. Then you will have to cut the bends off your tail pipes. If I look into the chrome exhaust bumper trims I can see daylight through them as the actual exhaust tail pipe is tiny. The only difference between the car I looked at this mornings rear silencer and mine is that I have straight tail pipes.

• Like 1

Just jumping in Beethoven, where are you based? I'm wanting my 1.5 petrol 160ps remapped but can't find a company that will touch this engine with either a remap or tuning box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am from Belgium....:wink:

Well, I think the 1.5 petrol with 160 bhp is the max  what the engine can do. I would not do it, frankly. However you decide, of course

For me, A tuning box is a bad idea

Ah right, really?

Why do you say that, what would be the sticking points/limitations on that engine?

I know the engine used to produce 150ps but ford changed that to 160.

Thanks for your reply [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At first, I think that the injectors are to weak, Cooling will be insufficient in the long term,

You will have to do numerous modifications.....in order not to blow up the engine.

I know this, I've been there, I've done it all, with my previous mk3 tdci

• Like 1

Well that 1.5 ecoboost engine turns out 180ps in the titanium x focus as standard in the UK so it should at least be capable of thag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Where do you get the chrome trims I have a 150ps TDCI thats had the superchips remap i want the chrome trims for the bling at the back.

the rear exhaust has two downward pipes and the car albeit an estate has the bodystyling kit so am assuming from your post this should be an easy mod??

On 02/05/2016 at 3:36 PM, Simkaz said:

I looked at what I think was a 150ps earlier and it had two exhausts (one each side) but they are bent downwards on exit behind the bumper. If yours is like that then all you need to do is replace the bumper skirt and fit the chrome trims or if you have the bodykit rear bumper you'll only have to remove the grills and fit the chrome trims. Then you will have to cut the bends off your tail pipes. If I look into the chrome exhaust bumper trims I can see daylight through them as the actual exhaust tail pipe is tiny. The only difference between the car I looked at this mornings rear silencer and mine is that I have straight tail pipes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club