Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ruffwear - Dog Harness brand, are they as good as claimed?

GMX

Brandy's harness is getting rather old, and more to the point, she's finding it increasing uncomfortable, as the fabric webbing has stiffened with age.

I thought I'd get her a new one, ideally one of the better ones.  The harness equivalent of a Focus Titanium rather than a Corsa.  I came across this Ruffwear brand in my Googling, which I've not heard of, but all the reviews seem to be positive

http://www.barksandbunnies.co.uk/collections/harnesses

Brandy uses a harness both for walking with her lead and when travelling in cars her crate won't fit, such as the Mk1 Focus and my brother's Golf. So, if I go with Ruffwear, I'd probably get a front range one together with a brush guard (extra chest and belly padding for travelling uncrated)

Anyone happen to have one? or indeed know Ruffwear? and are they as good as the reviews say they are?

A good harness with decent chest padding is best.

Not a fan of purely webbing strap arangements as they cause abrasion and pinches in armpits etc.

I have a fully padded one provided from work for Jed that has a good sized grab handle on the back so I can hoist him around if needed.

Similar to this one -

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321937954713&alt=web

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

A good harness with decent chest padding is best.

Not a fan of purely webbing strap arangements as they cause abrasion and pinches in armpits etc.

I have a fully padded one provided from work for Jed that has a good sized grab handle on the back so I can hoist him around if needed.

Similar to this one -

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321937954713&alt=web

Thanks Clive:smile:

I didn't know that about the webbing strap types.  Oh dear, Brandy has had webbing strap harnesses for the last 15 years:sad:

Brandy's comfort is paramount: I shall have a look at your reccommendation

• Like 1

With Jed being a Springer and the nature of his job He gets into some really tight spaces and all manner of nasty stuff.

A comfy harness that gives him a bit of padding and doesn't rub is very important.

You should see the protective boots he has to wear sometimes (he hates them but if they save slashed paws and needle sticks then it's worth it).

• Like 1

Not heard of Ruffwear, we've always used Red Dingo products for our Dog, really good quality and still going strong after many years.

Her harness is not padded, but she hasn't had any issues with it. The straps are quite thick and well made though, I imagine cheaper thinner ones could cut in though.

Following your recommendation Clive, I have now ordered Brandy one, in purple to match her lead, with next day delivery, so she'll get tomorrow, in good time for the evening stroll:smile:

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

With Jed being a Springer and the nature of his job He gets into some really tight spaces and all manner of nasty stuff.

A comfy harness that gives him a bit of padding and doesn't rub is very important.

You should see the protective boots he has to wear sometimes (he hates them but if they save slashed paws and needle sticks then it's worth it).

Brandy had to wear protective boots once, well just one boot, after she cut her paw pad.  She equally hated having it on though and that was for only 10 days of walks, she wasn't very co-operative an the boot application time pre-walk, sardine bribes/rewards were needed:unsure:

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Not heard of Ruffwear, we've always used Red Dingo products for our Dog, really good quality and still going strong after many years.

Her harness is not padded, but she hasn't had any issues with it. The straps are quite thick and well made though, I imagine cheaper thinner ones could cut in though.

Ancol and Hi-Craft were the brands I used previously

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club