Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reset of DAB radio

Andru

I have searched with no luck so far. A few of the DAB radio stations are changing frequency and the radio needs a complete reset/rescan to find all the new frequencies. How is this done in the ford Sync system?

Cheers

What do you mean by they're switching? I have it on my radio so that if I lose DAB signal (about 5/6 spots on my way home) it changes to the FM equivalent so you hear it overlap/a slight jump in the playback.

Or do you mean your DAB is jumping regions/stations? 

I just hit the scan button and it rescanned the channels

done mine last week, lots of different stations have appeared recently.

reset mine on sunday as it would not pick up any station at all so took the radio out and unplugged it all left it for  about 5 min and it reset it self

Does this change of frequency means that England has DAB+ now?

I'm asking because I visit England 4/5 times a year, and I've noticed a huge difference between the Dutch DAB+ network and the UK's DAB network. I would be great if the UK has the new DAB+ with better reception right now:smile:

I may need to rescan mine! Doesn't help with a small richmond aerial on the car but to be fair it does get a decent signal! 

21 hours ago, HarryNLD said:

Does this change of frequency means that England has DAB+ now?

No DAB + is a totally new codec which gives better sound quality.  What has happened recently is more frequencies that were used for analogue TV have been reassigned for DAB so there are now more frequencies available, this allows for more channels to be opened up.  However its still the same old DAB no change in quality.  DAB + is not backwards compatible so current radios wouldn't work with it.

On 3/7/2016 at 4:14 PM, JSMarsden said:

What do you mean by they're switching? I have it on my radio so that if I lose DAB signal (about 5/6 spots on my way home) it changes to the FM equivalent so you hear it overlap/a slight jump in the playback.

Or do you mean your DAB is jumping regions/stations? 

I didn't say they were switching, Dab stations are actually changing frequencies with new channels coming along. I have had to do a full rescan on my Pure DAB radio in the house to get all the new channels and change frequencies of the ones that are in transition of changing. 

EG, if you look at Planet Rock before the rescan you will see zPlanetrock after a rescan you will see TWO Planet rock channels. The old one, zPlanetRock will dissapear  in the next few weeks when it is switched off.

I'll have a go with the scan button and see how it goes, cheers

34 minutes ago, Andru said:

I didn't say they were switching, Dab stations are actually changing frequencies with new channels coming along. I have had to do a full rescan on my Pure DAB radio in the house to get all the new channels and change frequencies of the ones that are in transition of changing. 

EG, if you look at Planet Rock before the rescan you will see zPlanetrock after a rescan you will see TWO Planet rock channels. The old one, zPlanetRock will dissapear  in the next few weeks when it is switched off.

I'll have a go with the scan button and see how it goes, cheers

Never knew this - maybe ill get more channels when doing my long drives after a rescan! 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2016 at 6:44 PM, ayrshiredude said:

I just hit the scan button and it rescanned the channels

That was my original question.

I don't seem to have a 'scan' button on mine. I have the Sony system in my car, is it in the menu system somewhere? On the Sony system how do I actually rescan for all the new frequencies and new channels?

On 3/12/2016 at 7:19 PM, Andru said:

That was my original question.

I don't seem to have a 'scan' button on mine. I have the Sony system in my car, is it in the menu system somewhere? On the Sony system how do I actually rescan for all the new frequencies and new channels?

Anyone?

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2016 at 8:44 PM, richard150 said:

How did you manage to rescan your radio, I cannot find any reference to a rescan anywhere in the menu system nor is there a rescan button.

Mine is a non-sync Sony model and this is how I did it. It may be completely different on sync versions. 

22 hours ago, Arwen said:

Mine is a non-sync Sony model and this is how I did it. It may be completely different on sync versions. 

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at mine in the next few days.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club