Do Not Sell My Personal Information

59 Fiesta Titanium - Various issues.

Fizza88

I've recently bought a very (very) cheap 2009 59 plate 1.6 Ti-Vct Fiesta Titanium.

It was previously written off in 2011 but been in regular use since it was repaired. However when the original repair was carried out they've obviously done it as fast (see: cheaply) as they could and there are a few niggles I'm trying to sort out.

I'll try and keep it brief but there are a few things...

1. bluetooth issues. Reset/removed module and disconnected battery (neg only - should I have done pos too?) No bueno. I still get just the 'bt off' option and non of the USB/Aux connectors work either. I bought a second hand module off eBay, albeit the non USB version from a Mondeo but this doesn't work either (I thought at least the voice only bluetooth should work unless the unit I bought is faulty also).

2. When trying to fix the above,  I removed the screen/radio panel (half way as I need a correct fitting tool to take the bolts of the actual radio) but noticed this odd looking connector-thingy which appears to come wired behind the screen (see pic). Any thoughts on what it is? This potentially leads me on to...

3. When the dash has been replaced for the airbag units, they seem to have installed the wrong dash, as the sunlight sensor is missing as part of the ETAC system (no red sensor where one should be. The unit seems to work fine, and i'm thinking it might be best to leave this as it is. 

4. The windscreen has been replaced with the bog standard no heated/no rain/dusk sensor, no auto-dim rear view mirror. I was thinking of buying a auto-dim mirror and sensor and getting a new heated windscreen fitted, I assume that all the wiring exists and this just needs connecting again? (I get a fault on the dash when trying to use auto wipers/lights).

5. Cambelt - How much does this cost roughly on this engine to be replaced? 

6. Steering knock low speeds - I understand there is a simple greasing up of the shaft (cough) fix, is this a Ford job or would a local garage be able to sort this?

IMG_9645.JPG

Further to this...I've had to take the fuse out for the parking sensors as they go crazy when I put the car in reverse.

I have the parking sensor button on the dash, but I thought this was only for cars with both front and rear sensors, mine has rear only. 

On 3/7/2016 at 7:13 PM, Fizza88 said:

I've recently bought a very (very) cheap 2009 59 plate 1.6 Ti-Vct Fiesta Titanium.

It was previously written off in 2011 but been in regular use since it was repaired. However when the original repair was carried out they've obviously done it as fast (see: cheaply) as they could and there are a few niggles I'm trying to sort out.

I'll try and keep it brief but there are a few things...

1. Bluetooth issues. Reset/removed module and disconnected battery (neg only - should I have done pos too?) No bueno. I still get just the 'bt off' option and non of the USB/Aux connectors work either. I bought a second hand module off eBay, albeit the non USB version from a Mondeo but this doesn't work either (I thought at least the voice only bluetooth should work unless the unit I bought is faulty also).

2. When trying to fix the above,  I removed the screen/radio panel (half way as I need a correct fitting tool to take the bolts of the actual radio) but noticed this odd looking connector-thingy which appears to come wired behind the screen (see pic). Any thoughts on what it is? This potentially leads me on to...

When you removed the screen / radio panel, did you unscrew and unplug the screen itself? I had issues with my old 2009 Zetec where bluetooth would freeze and voice control would not work. I unplugged my screen and then reconnected it and it solved all my problems. I imagined it would just be the same as disconnecting the battery but i was wrong

I later learned that the Screen itself is actually called an Information Display System and all of your radio deviceses route through this screen, the screen is what controls some of the features your bluetooth module has and controls everything, basically without the screen your radio and bluetooth module would not be able to be controlled. Screen is usually the next thing that is troubleshooted after removing battery / resetting bluetooth module. 

Try unplugging the screen and reconnecting it, this might solve your bluetooth issues, and you can go back to using your normal module with the usb ports and resell the mondeo one

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I'll have a go at taking it all apart tomorrow once I've picked up my tool box from work. 

I have a feeling things haven't been connected properly when the dash was re-installed previously, especially that random connection sitting there. 

16 hours ago, Fizza88 said:

Thanks for that, I'll have a go at taking it all apart tomorrow once I've picked up my tool box from work. 

I have a feeling things haven't been connected properly when the dash was re-installed previously, especially that random connection sitting there. 

If you can fine the part number of the thing in the image you may be able to look it up on forparts UK or something similar

EDIT: I've found it, its a temperature sensor 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jazman23 said:

If you can fine the part number of the thing in the image you may be able to look it up on forparts UK or something similar

EDIT: I've found it, its a temperature sensor 

I tried to look up the number on the part, couldn't read the yellow digits, and the other code seemed to just relate to the plastic used.

I did think this was the sunlight sensor, one is missing from the top of the dash considering the car has climate control. It normally has a red plastic cap though, I'll have to find a fix to get it in the right place.

Thanks for your help!

Taking the screen out didn't work for me, I'll have to trace the wiring and make sure that's all fine, then maybe try another bluetooth unit. If that doesn't work I give up!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club