Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Open...

JSMarsden

So I nipped out of work today to throw something in my boot and noticed once I had walked passed the car that the bonnet was up (as it would be if you pulled the bonnet release from inside the car). I sat in the car and started it and had no warning lights up (I guess there is no warning light or anything to alert you that your bonnet isn't fully shut) - the only issue I have is that I haven't pulled the bonnet release catch inside the car and it's not like its in a place that I can easily pull?

I looked around the front of the car and can't see any damage, and dashcam hasn't recorded anything from the G sensor (however I don't think its working as when I unplugged it and shook it around it didn't turn on...).

Are there any causes of why it would be open - I mean I could have driven to work like that with it up but there is no reason why it would be up as I haven't opened it in a good few weeks!

I guess there are no answers - There is no way in my mind I would have pulled the bonnet release - is there any other way this could have been triggered? (By going over a bump, or anything?) :unsure:

Unless the catch didn't engage properly the last time you closed it so then worked it's way back open. That's why they are double latched. Shouldn't be getting stuck on that age car though. If you are in warranty you might be able to get them to test and grease it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Unless the catch didn't engage properly the last time you closed it so then worked it's way back open. That's why they are double latched. Shouldn't be getting stuck on that age car though. If you are in warranty you might be able to get them to test and grease it.

The last time I shut my bonnet was when I put my air filter sticker on, probably about 2 week ago. Ill see if I can take it over a few bumps to get the first catch to release.

I guess the first catch could have come lose/bonnet release dodgey - so its popped up onto second catch. But to say the bonnet has probably been opened under double figures I found it hard to believe it maybe the catch. Thanks the the info - will keep an eye on it/look at second catch

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club