Do Not Sell My Personal Information

shaking steering wheel

Elidka55

Hi, recently I got a serious issue with my 2006 focus. My steering wheel started to shake a bit when driving at 100kph (60mph), but when it comes to braking it is a disaster, steering wheel is shaking very bad. I was trying to solve this problem by balancing my wheels, changing drake discs and pads, both front shock absorbers, silentblocks... but it didn't help.. so I was wondering maybe someone had this problem or have any ideas to solve it? Thanks in advance :)

The only other thing is the front tyres. What make are they? Ive had issues with cheapos in the past.

Tyres made by goodyear, bought new from store year ago. I tried to change wheels, but it doesnt make any changes..

lower arm rear bushes normaly can cause your fault

yeh, ok you done those then.

Hi,

I had a similar thing and found the nuts that hold the coloum to the dash were loose! Tightened them up and it's all good now.  Might be worth a look.

Mike

10 hours ago, mac801123 said:

Hi,

I had a similar thing and found the nuts that hold the coloum to the dash were loose! Tightened them up and it's all good now.  Might be worth a look.

Mike

Thanks, but the nuts are already tighten up :(

hi I had similar problem vibration at 60 mpg and then some vibration when braking for me it was the balance of my front tyres and steering alignment cost a few quid to fix ide have yours alignment and steering geometry checked they should also be able to tell if any of the tie rods, ball joints, suspension is affecting anything, you could have a worn engine mount hope you find out what it is there's a good link here with quite a list of information :

http://aa1car.com/library/vibrations.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Update. Problem is still here... I discovered that when I lift car's left side on jack, put car in 4th or 5th gear and release the clutch(when engine is running)) car starts to shake and vibrate... there's nothing similar when right car side is lifted.

bent driveshaft collapsed or collapsing wheel bearing or a piston I ceased on the caliper

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club