Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An interesting buck/judder

sey sey

Hi ive recently bought my first ford its a 2007 focus 1.8 tdci zetec impressed with the drive apart from one thing. On slow acceleration between 1500-2500 rpm it will buck and kangeroo. After giving it a good thrashing the engine systems fault light comes up it then drives like a dream and doesnt do it. I took it to the garage where i described the problem they took it in changed the airflow meter and said yep drives GREAT!!! few i thought all sorted got in it and it still does it i took it back and they told me that yes its doing that because the ecu software needs updating because the injectors end in the number 3 and that the main dealer will need to do it????? does this sound right to anyone. I did read it might be the egr but they said that was fine they took it off and gave it a good clean.

any advicce would be great or should i seek a second opinion.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

bought an egr blanking plate fitted it and its like a different car just in case anyone else has this issue and a garage tries fobbing you off with another garage.ill have to find a more knowledgeable garage from now on.

Hey well done buddy!! Glad you got it sorted and thanks for updating

Too many forums have questions with no answers or solutions!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club