Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1L EcoBoost 125/140PS Real World MPG?

alexp999

Hey All,

My Dad's RCZ is coming up 3 years old and he is considering his options, whether to keep it or change car. If he changes, he wants something a bit smaller, so Fiesta size. His RCZ is the 2.0 TDCi variant as he has a 50 odd mile round trip daily commute which is about 80% dual carriageway/motorway and 20% B road.

The Fiesta has some pretty uninspiring diesel options imo, it is a shame they don't do the 120PS version like most other manufacturers do, so I wanted to ask owners of the 125PS and 140PS 1.0 Ecoboost what sort of real world MPG they were getting. Especially if you do a similar type of commute.

Cheers!

I do a 40 mile round trip commute daily with similar road types as above. My 125PS Titanium averages around 48 MPG if I don't boot it too much.

• Like 1

I travel about 18 miles to work a day and travel under similar conditions and average approx 45mpg at this time of year and it can go upto 48-49mpg in the summer funny enough and that's in a 1.0l 125bhp Ecoboost Zetec S with a Cat Back exhaust and a panel filter 

• Like 1

Most of my journeys are very short and I still see 43 driving it enthusiastically....

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I've had both the 125ps Zetec S and the 140ps Red Edition. I have to admit, I nurse it on the motorway at about 60mph average and drive them pretty leisurely on my commute - meaning I got about 59mpg in the 125ps (probably due to the longer gear ratios) and 54 in the 140ps. But driving at 70+ I'd expect at least 5mpg less in both. 

• Like 1

I do short-ish journeys and get about 40mpg giving it some here and there (all well in the speed limit officer) which is pretty good imo.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, samzs1 said:

I've had both the 125ps Zetec S and the 140ps Red Edition. I have to admit, I nurse it on the motorway at about 60mph average and drive them pretty leisurely on my commute - meaning I got about 59mpg in the 125ps (probably due to the longer gear ratios) and 54 in the 140ps. But driving at 70+ I'd expect at least 5mpg less in both. 

What sort of length journeys are they?

54 is about what my dad is getting from his car now, lol.

Well when i use the. 125 fiesta (which admitedly is chipped to 155bhp) for a similar journey (50 miles - 80% motorway) i get 45-48mpg, but if I boot it ive had that down to 32 :D

My wife has it most of the time and does weeks and weeks of a 3 mile round trip journeys only (a full tank lasts her 6 weeks lol) and even just doing that little journey all the time in traffic returns an average of 34mpg at the end of a tank.

I'm getting a 3.0 Jag XF-S Diesel and that diesel gets less than this chipped petrol, obviously it's twice the power and. Weight and triple the litre engine but much faster.

47 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

What sort of length journeys are they?

54 is about what my dad is getting from his car now, lol.

About 20 miles on the M25 and a further 5 or so on long 40/50mph roads with a few roundabouts - effectively from suburban SE London to Essex. Stop/start obviously makes the MPG dive! If I drive it modestly around town I'd expect 45 or so. Great little commuter though, comfortable and plenty of power and cruises nicely at 60-70mph :smile:

I am getting an average of around 37mpg apparently, short journey of 3 miles to work, also quite cold here, when it was warmer I was doing 40+ on short journeys.

9 hours ago, samzs1 said:

51mpg is the closest I think I have ever had and I don't drive around like a idiot 

Never had more than 36.7, 36.1 atm. Prolly much less when I start to boot it.

I love the turbo ;)

Worth every penny.

11 hours ago, winemart2 said:

Never had more than 36.7, 36.1 atm. Prolly much less when I start to boot it.

I love the turbo ;)

Worth every penny.

You must have a heavy right foot, lol

Zetec S 125 - about 43/44 in winter, predominantly short urban 3-5 mile runs plus a couple 40 milers every month. Summer/warmer weather it readily goes to 45 then typically 47 after say a 100 mile longer run on good 'A' roads with occasional bursts of enthusiasm. Go with flow rest of the time. Never seen 50. Always used Shell V-Power. Now got a 140 Red Edition but too early to say yet. Whatever it is one thing's for sure: It's darn well worth it!

43/44 ?

WTF are you doing with it? Coasting downhills engine off ? Parking?

I can't imagine getting anywhere near 44. I'd need to take the train.

These on board computer at times are all over the place,best check on a few and compare like online/app and car one.

I would never of thought 44mpg on very local driving,my mate does very local in his 125 eco focus and don't come close to that.

On a good run in the week ok but not local.

it is possible with very careful driving. make sure Eco select mode and auto stop/start are active, try and avoid use of brakes with forward planning and accelerate very gently (0-30 mph over about 25 seconds) with a little bit of spirited driving currently getting 37 mpg down from 46 mpg. short trips under 4 miles 

I do quite abit of motorway driving, about 30 miles on the M4/M5 round trip per day so it's quite easy to get over 40+ (average about 45 at the moment) 

I would of thought Motorway driving and local ok but not all very short trips about 2 mile or so over 40mpg.

And this is just normal driving not like no foot down and not SSLLOOWW like 30mph and under revs for boost.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update this now my Dad has had his Fiesta a couple of months.

He was getting 45 mpg when he first got it in March.

Now it is run in a bit and the weather has warmed up he is getting 48 mpg and is well pleased. :)

Thanks all.

I Have A 140 And I Get 40MPG Doing 10-15 MILES To Work With Quite Bad tRAFFIC.

I have the ST. 37MPG around town and currently sitting on 41.2mpg over the last 1200 miles, 35 mile commutes on a/b roads.

2 hours ago, TheYoungGinge said:

I have the ST. 37MPG around town and currently sitting on 41.2mpg over the last 1200 miles, 35 mile commutes on a/b roads.

You get more in an st than I get in a 140😂😢

I have the 125 although it'll soon be running 180.

Out of town driving sensibly - 58mpg

Out of town driving "normally" - I enjoy driving - 42mpg

Did a motorway blast today and may have possibly got my first ticket -_- . I've now enabled Mykey and limited my speed as I didn't realise quite what I was doing . Still - 44mpg

Around town 38mpg

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies