Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing diffuser

Taylor22

I have a pre facelift zetec s, I am wanting to change the diffuser to that of an St or facelift zetec s. I know on face lift zetec s you can take the diffuser off and swap for the st, can this be done on the pre facelift model or do you need to swap the entire bumper? If so how easy is it to swap the bumpers? 

Just what I was looking for, cheers! I thought it could be swapped but read the other day that it is only a straight swap on face-lift model, thankfully that's not the case though. 

It's the exhaust you have to be careful about 

1 hour ago, 666Damian666 said:

It's the exhaust you have to be careful about 

Why?

10 hours ago, E5GDM said:

Why?

Because it will look silly with a standard exhaust pipe sat in the ST diffuser gap so the only option is a tail pipe trim which involves cutting the exhaust pipe to fit or a custom exhaust as you can't use a ST performance exhaust like the Milltek for example 

I have changed one over and it's easy enough, made more easy if you can get the car up on a ramp 

16 hours ago, 666Damian666 said:

Because it will look silly with a standard exhaust pipe sat in the ST diffuser gap so the only option is a tail pipe trim which involves cutting the exhaust pipe to fit or a custom exhaust as you can't use a ST performance exhaust like the Milltek for example 

I went the trim route. Only took a few minutes to do & didn't look to bad or cost much either. 

image.jpeg

I went the custom Cat back route with mine, so I get looks, sound and abit more power 

Where would I get the different side flaps fron? Just ford? Also how much did the parts cost you when you swapped it over? 

Places like Pumaspeed sell the side bits