Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 2001 electric Windows heater indicators and boot switch not working

vinpetrol

Mk4 1.25 Zetec electric Windows heater boot switch and indicators were intermittent but have now stopped completely.

i looked in the forum and found that a relay attached to the fuse board beside the steering wheel can be at fault so I changed both but still nothing working.

Any ideas? I did read it might be the ignition relay but I can't find out which relay it is .

cheers for any help

Vin

The ignition relay is shown as bottom left of the central junction box (Internal fusebox), closest to F12. So it looks like you have changed it already.

Check fuse F53 60a in the battery junction box, also there is a connector above fuses 51-53, try reseating that too.

3 hours ago, Dan62 said:

The ignition relay is shown as bottom left of the central junction box (Internal fusebox), closest to F12. So it looks like you have changed it already.

Check fuse F53 60a in the battery junction box, also there is a connector above fuses 51-53, try reseating that too.

Hi Dan 

thanks for replying. Is that the fuses and relays in the engine bay? I have already checked and tried all the 60 amp fuses in that box and they all seem fine.

could there be a temporary way to run power for indicators so I can use the car til I work it out? 

Cheers 

vin

Yes, the 60a fuses in the engine bay.

I have attached some diagrams that should help you.

I suppose you could temporarily bodge it by removing the indicator fuse and linking the circuit to another, maybe the hazard circuit at the multifunction switch connector.

Fuse&Relay.pdf

Pwr_Dist.pdf

MFS.pdf

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dan62 said:

Yes, the 60a fuses in the engine bay.

I have attached some diagrams that should help you.

I suppose you could temporarily bodge it by removing the indicator fuse and linking the circuit to another, maybe the hazard circuit at the multifunction switch connector.

Fuse&Relay.pdf

Pwr_Dist.pdf

MFS.pdf

Hi Dan 

what is the multi function switch connector? Is it the indicator switch? Any idea what I would need to connect and where? Any help much appreciated as at least I would be able to use it legally on the road.

vin

Yes, the indicator switch, link pins 9&10 (Violet and Orange/Yellow wires) together ? You should be able to put a bit of stiff wire between the two pins on the wiring side of the connector.

remove F5 and F17 beforehand and just replace F5 afterwards.

Only issue here is the indicators will be permanently live.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dan62 said:

Yes, the indicator switch, link pins 9&10 (Violet and Orange/Yellow wires) together ? You should be able to put a bit of stiff wire between the two pins on the wiring side of the connector.

remove F5 and F17 beforehand and just replace F5 afterwards.

Only issue here is the indicators will be permanently live.

Thanks for this Dan 

i will look for fault via your earlier post and if I don't get anywhere I will temporarily wire indicators up. Will let you know how I get on.

thanks

Vin

On 13 March 2016 at 9:52 AM, vinpetrol said:

Thanks for your help Dan I got it sorted. 

It was a combination of relay and the connector above fuse 51. 

The drawing you posted detailing all the relays was really helpful I couldn't get that info anywhere on the Internet! 

Thanks again 

Vin

Great you got it sorted without having to bodge it. Well done.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club