Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Ordered mid November - still no VIN???

Casati

Hey, looking forward to getting a 2.0 Zetec-S but despite ordering in mid-November my dealer is telling me that VIN is created and system isn't yet giving him a confirmed build date - he believes their is some production issue with my car but doesn't have further details. 

I wonder if anybody is in the same boat? The 2.0 Focus is a rare beast in Ireland, but a number of them have been delivered this year- I have gone for a fairly basic car so Im really wondering if anybody has any knowledge on what the delay might be?

Great forum, can't wait to read more when I actually get my Focus!

Many things can delay the production process. If one of the needed parts/options is out of stock at the production facility the production of the car will be delayed. For example in the past vehicles were even delayed because the type of the alloy wheels or the paint color.

All Focus MK3.5 versions for the Western European market are produced at the German Saarlouis production facility. Next to this the Focus MK3.5 RS is also produced exclusively at the Saarlouis production facility. The high demand of the Focus RS can also affect the production delay of the "normal" Focus MK3.5.

RS are delayed as well due to a component failure spotted in QA mine has just been put back by a month to June but all new orders are at least 12 months

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club