Do Not Sell My Personal Information

removing cd6000 from 58 focus

chris liverpool

Hi All,

Im new to site and Im hoping you can help me find the answer to a problem I have been trawling the net for.

I want to replace the cd 6000 unit in my 58 plate focus with a sat nav system off eBay, but have no idea how to

get it out. Does the stereo surround fascia just pop off ????? I dont want to force it. Please help this is cracking me up!!!

Please post any useful pics or diagrams, I need all the help I can get !!! :-)

Thanx Chris

Thanx for your reply Mintalkin.

the cd in my car is the newer type with the big button in the middle and chrome ring around the unit.

I have been on that site and cant find anything listed. I will post a picture of my dash as soon as possible.

Thanx again for your help.

my stereo

this is the unit I want to remove. The plastic fascia which goes around the heater switches and stereo is

what I need to remove I think. But how ?????? post-9623-1255464568_thumb.jpg

my stereo

this is the unit I want to remove. The plastic fascia which goes around the heater switches and stereo is

what I need to remove I think. But how ?????? post-9623-1255464568_thumb.jpg

Are there any narrow slots around the perimeter of the unit?

Go into halfrauds or your local motor factors and ask for the radio removal keys. All they will need is the model of your focus. They should be flat bladed keys that slot in at each side and the whole unit pulls out.

problem solved, the fascia ( radio surround ) just pops off to reveal the stereo held in by four screws, one each corner.

unscrew and bobs your uncle the stereo is out.

When popping the fascia off be very carefull and do it gently, its doesnt come off easily and will bend if you pull it quickly.

I used a butter knife at the edge to prize it up, you will here the clips holding it on click open. Start at the sides and slowly work round

the dash. BE WARNED TAKE IT SLOW!!!

• 4 weeks later...

:D

problem solved, the fascia ( radio surround ) just pops off to reveal the stereo held in by four screws, one each corner.

unscrew and bobs your uncle the stereo is out.

When popping the fascia off be very carefull and do it gently, its doesnt come off easily and will bend if you pull it quickly.

I used a butter knife at the edge to prize it up, you will here the clips holding it on click open. Start at the sides and slowly work round

the dash. BE WARNED TAKE IT SLOW!!!

I have just removed the facia on my 58 plate Focus to fit a phone bracket. I used 2 butter knives so you can hold the facia up with one whilst you work your way round the facia with the other. Worked a treat. Thanks

:D

I have just removed the facia on my 58 plate Focus to fit a phone bracket. I used 2 butter knives so you can hold the facia up with one whilst you work your way round the facia with the other. Worked a treat. Thanks

Are you replacing with an after-market sat-nav, or a Ford unit? If a Ford unit, you might need to change the base of the roof aerial for the GPS receiver.

• 1 month later...

When you say you remove the fascia, do you mean the smaller plate just around the radio controls or the plate which surrounds the A/C controls and hazard button?

Is the wiring on this version of the CD6000 identical to the wiring on the previous version? If not, does anyone have the wiring diagram?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

When you say you remove the fascia, do you mean the smaller plate just around the radio controls or the plate which surrounds the A/C controls and hazard button?

Is the wiring on this version of the CD6000 identical to the wiring on the previous version? If not, does anyone have the wiring diagram?

Thanks!

Hi,

Just been reading your conversation, by any chance do you still have that silver fascia plate surround? If you could find it please let me know :)

Many thanks,

Lloydd

(crazylloyddlins@hotmail.co.uk)

• 5 months later...

Can you please let me know if you've got access to the Driver's Seat Heater Switch when the radio is removed

Thanks

Terlew10