Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation in Headlight

Croy96

I have a 2003 For KA.

I have condensation in the drivers side headlight. I have only just noticed it a few days after washing my car, so si checked for cracks. Just above the headlight there is a small strip of rubber which sits between the headlight and the body work of the car. I notice a small crack in the top of the headlight, it is only a few millimetres wide, but i think this could be where the water has got into when I washed it the other day.

I have two questions:

1. How can I get the condensation out of the headlight?
  2. Do I need to replace the whole headlight just for a small crack?

Has anyone else has the same issue?

Many thanks,

You could seal the crack with araldite or silicone sealant but best idea is to replace with a second hand one as they arent expensive.
Mine has gone but its the rubber seals that are causing my issue!

Just take the headlamp off and dry it out with a hair dryer and while you are at it fix it with the above!
One thing ive learned the hard way is to check and double check the rubber seals are as tight as a gnats before you finish the job!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club