Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2008 1.6 tdci studio

richardrs123

I'm thinking of buying a 2008 focus 1.6 tdci studio with FSH 1 owner and 100,000

Is it worth getting I've heard bad things on 2006-2007 1.6 tdci 

Is the 2008 face-lift still same issues or did ford change them?

Thanks 

• Like 1

As it's a Studio I assume it'll be the 90bhp one?  If so there's no DPF to worry about and it uses an old wastegate turbo so no VNT issues either.  They don't tend to have as many issues as the 110 model.

• Like 1

Thanks 

I believe it's 90bhp 

Just sold my 2006 peugeot 407 sw 2.2 hdi sports 

So know it's slower but tax insurance etc etc should be miles better 

STRONGLY suggest you avoid this car. I have the 2008 facelift model (same engine as the pre facelift) 1.6 TDCI. Read up about turbo issues.. mine has just gone. I'd check if the one you are buying has any mention of turbo issues in the past and if it has had regular oil change / service as I believe this is the only thing that will save the turbo in the long run. Be careful! I've also read the 1.8 diesel version does not have this issue and is the one to go for. I can provide links about these issues if you wish. 

• Like 1

Hmmmmm 

My second choice was a focus  57 reg 1.6 petrol titanium model 1 owner and 105000 miles would this be a choice

Would this put the side lights on when come back to car and disarm?

Screenshot_20160314-225607.png

Screenshot_20160314-225612.png

On a tdci 1.6, as long as the injector seals aren't leaking & you change the oil regularly you won't get any turbo problems

• Like 1

Exactly what S40Un has said.

Without regular oil change, walk away from a high mileage 1.6. If you can see proof of regular service and the injector seals are good then rock on.

Personally I much prefer the facelift model.. The headlights are nicer and the center console style in the cab looks better (imho). Although, if I had the money, if sacrifice the facelift for the sake of getting my hands on an ST :)

Regards the turbo... mine NEVER had regular service/oil.. DID split injector seals and now the garage has quoted me £600 repair. That's new turbo, Feed pipe, seals fixed, oil and filter change and full flush.

What's your budget for the focus mate?

15 hours ago, MurdoD said:

Without regular oil change, walk away from a high mileage 1.6. If you can see proof of regular service and the injector seals are good then rock on.

Personally I much prefer the facelift model.. The headlights are nicer and the center console style in the cab looks better (imho). Although, if I had the money, if sacrifice the facelift for the sake of getting my hands on an ST :)

Regards the turbo... mine NEVER had regular service/oil.. DID split injector seals and now the garage has quoted me £600 repair. That's new turbo, Feed pipe, seals fixed, oil and filter change and full flush.

About £2200 

Fancy one with indicators on the mirrors

Or is there a retrofit diy how to on here 

• 3 months later...

Hello everybody!

I have a Focus 1.6 Diesel /  year 2009 with 165Km. I have had the engine sputter several times and after a mile or so it would stall. Ford dealer connected to the ECM using a computer and could not find any fault. Also, there is no fault on the dash. The problem seemed to appear when the rpm would go around 2200. I managed to drive the car for 400 miles without having the engine stop but I completely avoided rpm's above 2000. Checked the turbo, its actuator and they are good (my brother works for them maker). However, as I was checking the vacuum at the hose coming to the wastegate I found that there is vacuum (finger test :)  ) but as I followed that hose I reached the point where it starts from (let's call it a manifold). That "manifold" is located on the passenger side, under the engine, attached to the engine and not to the firewall). That manifold has two other hoses connected to it. One of those is thrashed/ ripped off. I can not figure out where that hose is supposed to be connected. Can anyone help with about this?

Thank you,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club