Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Colour coded fog surrounds.


wilto
 Share

Recommended Posts

Colour coded my fog light surrounds yesterday, not a perfect colour match but am quite happy with the results, considering its out of a can from Halfords, what's your guy's opinions?

p.s. it's not a water leak from under  the car 🙂

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, Mikeyp84 said:

Lol, not really. I would look to get a diffuser maybe to make the bumper stand out.

 

Diffuser the same thing as a splitter? Like a lip at the bottom? If so, I've got that in the pipeline for some point when I can afford it :) In the meantime I'm thinking of blacking out the bonnet lip and adding some mean eyebrows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/03/2016 at 3:31 PM, wilto said:

Colour coded my fog light surrounds yesterday, not a perfect colour match but am quite happy with the results, considering its out of a can from halfords, what's your guy's opinions?

p.s. it's not a water leak from under  the car 🙂

they look great.i only wish i could get avalon so i could do mine

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeh diffuser, spoiler, lip same thing lol. And definitely get the brows. That's what i want to get but they're a bit lame for my model. Don't know about blacking out the bonnet strip though, the chrome is a good break in the contrast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Mikeyp84 said:

Yeh diffuser, spoiler, lip same thing lol. And definitely get the brows. That's what i want to get but they're a bit lame for my model. Don't know about blacking out the bonnet strip though, the chrome is a good break in the contrast.

It looks good in pictures I've seen online. I'm going to wrap it anyway so if it does end up looking lame, I can easily undo it.

 

fgrilles7.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, djsubtronic said:

It looks good in pictures I've seen online. I'm going to wrap it anyway so if it does end up looking lame, I can easily undo it.

 

fgrilles7.jpg

Yh I retracty previous reply, this looks the bollox. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in process of doing rear bumper strip red. Just keyed it, gonna spray tomorrow. Got 2 cans of Matt black in boot so gonna do bottom lip on front rear and sides. Was thinking about spraying the lower grille to look like a 2.5 but worried I might make a big balls up lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mikeyp84 said:

I'm in process of doing rear bumper strip red. Just keyed it, gonna spray tomorrow. Got 2 cans of Matt black in boot so gonna do bottom lip on front rear and sides. Was thinking about spraying the lower grille to look like a 2.5 but worried I might make a big balls up lol

Something similar to this but black lip

4M51-19952-A-4M51-19953-A-Black-Front-Lower-Left-Right-Bumper-font-b-Fog-b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31 March 2016 at 8:15 PM, djsubtronic said:

Very nice.

How did you get that RS effect which extends the lower corners of the radiator grille?

I sprayed it gloss black, done my bonnet lip the same time, I've since done my wing mirrors gloss black as well, all done from a can, quite pleased with the results TBH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31 March 2016 at 9:54 PM, Mikeyp84 said:

Something similar to this but black lip

4M51-19952-A-4M51-19953-A-Black-Front-Lower-Left-Right-Bumper-font-b-Fog-b.jpg

Go for it, it's not a large area to spray, I just masked off a diagonal line from the grill, and then masked a straight line from under the front spoiler, rubbed it down, primed and then sprayed, I even forgot to lay down a couple of coats of laquer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership