Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk 2 focus 55 plate

whyme

can any 1 tell me would it be easy yo swap clusters over from one car to another, for some reason my car diagnostics claim theres a cluster fault. so my question is this is it the cluster that keeps the details of miles etc or is it the ecu, ive fixed a the issue i had previous about the door open light staying on when all doors/bonnet/boot was closed. put the car into test mode and all clearly stated a tone when opened. but the pesky door open light is still on static so took it to my local garage who then found the fault on the cluster and cant clear it so can the clusters be swapped and if so will this clear the fault. oh it also should a horn relay fault anyone knwo waht realy is the horn relay please a pic would be appreciated. thanks 

You can use a used cluster but it needs to have less miles on than your car. You also need it coding to your car with Ford IDS or with a modified ELM327 interface and elmconfig and Forscan. The keys will need programming into the new cluster with diagnostics and then the modules initializing for it to work. You will also need to reprogram the remote locking fobs which can be done without diagnostics. As far as I can remember though you need two working keys to be able to do so.

didnt think it was going to take that much jeez all for 1 light staying on ffs 

I would want to know how they have diagnosed the light as being a cluster failure myself. If it was cluster failure there would be more than one issue most likely.

I would say the root cause of the door warning has not been fixed myself.

sounds like a gem module issue to me.

• Like 1

Good point by Iantt worth checking out the GEM for water ingress.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club