Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk2.5 reverse light intermittent

MurdoD

Not sure what's going on but my reverse light rarely works. It's not the bulb as that was changed and non difference. I had written it off as busted completely until it did randomly come on one night... and then again a few nights later. I believe this rules out fuses and bulb... could  be wiring or contacts somewhere?

Probably the switch.  It happened the week I bought mine lol!  Seems fairly common, only cost £8 for a new one and about half hours work iirc. :smile: 

• Like 1

Cheers for the tip.. getting work done just now so I'll get that added to it!

• Like 1

Noticed my sons doing the same. where is the switch, thanks. Every time I see him pull up no reverse lights, so tell him he says they are workong:wacko:

Sounds lime the switch to me aswell, it's on the top of the gearbox there are two different types long one with triangle shaped connector and a short square shaped connector. To test the switch remove the connector and put a wire between the two pins with the ignition on if the light works then the switch is to blame.

Mike

• Like 1

Cheers mike.. handy tip for testing if it is the switch.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to ressurect, just wanted to say thanks for the pointer on the switch. Exactly what it was, been working perfectly since gettin that replaced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club