Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

In desperate need

Ash2704
聽Share

I'm praying this works... A few months ago I bought a Ford Focus 1.8 53 plate off a friend... Never again... I the battery light used to come on every now and again but he assured me his mate said it wasn't a problem.... I started off going through more bulbs than Blackpool illuminations! Then in the last 3-4 weeks other things have been happening.... The car wouldn't start so I was jumping it for a few days... Then I purchased a ford battery off my mate where he works and that worked for about 4 days then I started to need to use jump leads again! After a couple of days after driving for about an hour I opened the bonnet and the battery was steaming ... I then put the old one back in and started jumping it again... While all this was going on the speed dials, fuel, and rev counters used to drop every now and then and also stay stuck in one position and the digital mileage count used to turn off.... I took the cluster out and cleaned it with electrical cleaner and cotton buds as I had seen it mentioned on forums, that doesn't seem to have worked... My friend checked alternator which was reading above 14

I can also hear a clicking noise from the glove box light in timing with the door open light coming on the dash when I Rev the car.. It's all a little weird 馃槩馃槩 any help will be much appreciated聽

Sounds like the alternator is broken.聽 Not sure if they use SmartCharge this early but somethings not right with it imo!

My mate checked the alternator and it was running at over 14 which he said was ok聽

Way over 14v to be frying bulbs and batteries...

As I say I don't know if they use smart charge that early, if so you can't measure it like a conventional alternator.聽 Sounds like its not being regulated properly to me.

• Like 1