Do Not Sell My Personal Information

58 plate Focus

chris liverpool

Hi All,

Im new to site and Im hoping you can help me find the answer to a problem I have been trawling the net for.

I want to replace the cd 6000 unit in my 58 plate focus with a sat nav system off eBay, but have no idea how to

get it out. Does the stereo surround fascia just pop off ????? I dont want to force it. Please help this is cracking me up!!!

Please post any useful pics or diagrams, I need all the help I can get !!! :-)

Thanx Chris

Hi All,

Im new to site and Im hoping you can help me find the answer to a problem I have been trawling the net for.

I want to replace the cd 6000 unit in my 58 plate focus with a sat nav system off ebay, but have no idea how to

get it out. Does the stereo surround fascia just pop off ????? I dont want to force it. Please help this is cracking me up!!!

Please post any useful pics or diagrams, I need all the help I can get !!! :-)

Thanx Chris

You will have to remove the radio first with the four keys,then you will see all the surround fastenings. ;)

You will need the radio removal keys . They keys are shaped in a 'U' shape. They can be made up from a coat hanger and a pliers.

They look like this:

42160965.gifradio_removal_tool.jpg

You will need the radio removal keys . They keys are shaped in a 'U' shape. They can be made up from a coat hanger and a pliers.

They look like this:

42160965.gifradio_removal_tool.jpg

Hi thanks for your reply but I think I will pass on that, Its a 58 plate focus the days of using bent coat hangers on

Ford stereos are long gone :-) ha ha.

The stereo is the new one with the chrome ring around, no sign of any slits to put the new type keys in.

Halfrauds will have them. Just tell them the model of your car. I have both sets of keys new and old since I had to do the same job, they are a flat blade, the top of them are indented a little.

Halfrauds will have them. Just tell them the model of your car. I have both sets of keys new and old since I had to do the same job, they are a flat blade, the top of them are indented a little.

Problem solved, the fascia radio surrond just pops off. You need to be very gentle and use

a thin butter knife. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL TO HARD IT WILL BEND THE FASCIA. BE WARNED!!!!

Four screws 1 each corner of unit hold it in place, unscrew and Bobs your uncle cd player removed.

nice to see ford have taken security issues seriousley, a butter knife and a screwdriver to remove radios ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club