Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Galaxy shaking high gear

Lantash

Hi everyone.

Came on forums to look for some insight and advise as I'm a bit worried something big will go wrong on my 2007 Galaxy that I got about 6 month ago. 1.8 TDCI zetec 125bhp spec.

The problem is that engine vibrates excessively or I should say almost shaking in high gears . It happens on only at the 5th or 6th gear while accelerating harder. Light accel. or even cruise on these vibrations barely noticeable if there at all. Same with lower speeds, it feels that some vibration is there, but as I mentioned it's on 5th and 6th gear that you really feel it and does not go away no matter the revs or speed is (typically I never let revs go over 2.5k)

All wheels recently balanced, alignment is fine too. Turbo is giving couple of odd sounds and will need to be looked at (restored) sooner rather than later. 
Just got the camshaft sensor error yesterday (and it went away, replacing it tomorrow no less), but the shaky problem is there for a while now. Way before that error popped up.

I would appreciate ANY ideas what to look at to get this sorted. I would really hate if something big would go and I'd be stuck with no car and kids needing to get to school, preschool etc.

If you need more info on the car / problem - I'd happy to add that.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

when the engine idles, does it shake vigerously? could be badly worn engine mounts?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club