Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vacuum pressure/engine stalling when slowing down with pictures

Matt_focus_zetec

Hello all

I thought i found the fix to the car with the pcv nope it came back today to bit me on the !Removed!

i found a way though if u take the one pipe off the head underneath manifold and put ur finger over it or over the nozzle the enginwill try and stall like it does when i am slowing down but it wont stall fully it will realise then kick itself back upto life just like it normallydoes look at the drawings below

Wht doyou thinkif i get 3 small little filters similar to the ones below with a bit of hose on and attach to the head

when u drive the car with out the pcv valve in the car willrunandidle about 1,300rpm then drive fine shriek a bit like alternator / air con trying to kick in and then be fine but when u slow down and put foor down on clutch it will go to 3000rpm then slowlyidle down to 1,300rpm again this does not bring on a eml light but the stalling thing wont happen thing is i will screw my engine running it like this

thethre filterone will sit on the one nozzle one side of pcv valve then other on otherside of pcv then on on the pcv valve itself WILL THIS WORK?

FILTERS X 3 OF THEM

62-1320.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY PCV VALVE

8525_152387012321_577987321_2793554_2542474_n.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE THREE HOSES ALL JOIN TOGETHER LIKE THE ONE IN THE PICTURE BELOW VIA A 3 WAY HOSE CONNECTOR

THIS IS MY VERSION OF THE CREATING MY OWN PCV SYSTEM TO STOP MY ENGINE STALLING WHEN SLOWING DOWN WELL ATTEMPT I SHOULD SAY (sorry about caps)

8525_152387022321_577987321_2793555_2251523_n.jpg

----------------------------------------------

THE PCV VALVE SITS IN THE LOWER PART O THE MANIFOLD BOX NOT THE ENGINE BY THE WAY DRAWING SLIGHTLY WRONG

------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help on this matter as this is driving me insanennow as i have found the problem now is trying to find a fix for it

any help or comments be much appriciated

cheers

matt

Just a quick idea what about that little purge valve thing that lives in the corner of engine with electrical connector on top of it could that be faulty i been reading TIS 2004 and still cant get my head round this problem

I would say your close to solving this now and saved a ton in labour costs. That might just work, trial and error and all that. Gl.

Hello all again

Right once again out having a mess with the car

Got toldtoday the pipe underneath the manifold collapse inside this causes the problem but

unpluggged today somehtingwhich ithought was to do with alternator ah far from it its like a valve egr type thing on the manifold now unpluggin this car starter but was a bit hesitant then took it for a drive it just jerked twice before going into different gear but stalling never happend revs were fine with slowing down

NOW after a short while of it being unplugged obviously flagged up fault mil light i just took battery off as i knew what i had done to this so it wernt a problem but doe anyone know what this valve is or does i think weekend i might be getting it out and giving it a clean up to be fair

rang me mate at ford he said he nver even thought too run a check on that costhe pcvvalve cleareit for about a day so hedidnt now none the wiser but said would find out if its one unit or it can be replaced i hope its not oo much

I have put a few pics below to see if anyone can identiyfy it if so please let me know i u have had same trouble with it

MESSAGE TO ADMIN IF I SOLVE THIS CAN I BE MADE LIKE MOD OF MAINTENANCE LIKE A SUPER TECHGURU FOR ALL THE TIME I HAVESPENT PUTTING INTO FINDING THIS FAULT I WILL DO A CRACKING GUIDE ON IT AND WE WILL BE THE ONLY FORD SITE I KNOW THAT HAS IT AS I HAVE TRIED EVERY ONE OF THEM AND THEY ARE ALL NAFF PLUS I WANNA STARTGOINGMEETS AGAIN AND FIXING THE CAR UP DOING GUIDES LIEK I WAS GOING TO DO BEFORE OH AND GET A NEW KEYBOARD SO I CAN TYPEWITH PUNCTUATION AND SPEED LOL

8525_156847137321_577987321_2829937_4307944_n.jpg

8525_156847117321_577987321_2829934_3021585_n.jpg

thankyouall for reading and following me on this problem as u all know i have had it for a long itme

Cheers

Matt

Right hopefully getting picture of part tmra so hopefullyjust hopefully i might have it fixed this weekend one problems funds my car fund acoutn is got 0p in it had £50 but times are really hard at minute so have to wait till end of mmonth hope u lot enjoying keeping up with this post thanks for reading #

Matt

• 2 months later...

no fault codes come up with original problem?

When you found the collapsed pipe...did it not help when you replaced it?

Piggy :)

Hello Guys

Sorry i have not updated this for so long, i have been really busy lately got a promotion at work so been working harder than normal a lot harder anyways besides that

as for the focus

well i think i have cracked it like i always think i have but i feeling now as its the only sensor i have not changed on there its the MAP Sensor

reason belives this to me as when u unplug this yes u get the eml light come on but the car runs perfectly like it should just judders twice before going into gear so its not really feasable to drive it round like that

A new sensor from Ford £54.00 inc vat to me i have thought about a second hand one but its not really worth it as they go for around £30 +vat i searched on eBay cheapest was £22.95 + postage but what it is worth and i will never find out if that was the real problem

i might try this end of Jan to be fair as for the pipes yes i did replace them £13 later made no differance at all other than i have got a new set of pipes on there

my mate at ford said it could possibly be a crack in the manifold but without pressure testing it which is a pain and a time consuming job there aint much point having it done and to try the sensor first

well the adventure still goes on as u can tell and i will get there and when i do i will try to do a picture thread of how to change it for everyone but might not be that easy will try though

will keep u all posted as and when i do it

Cheers

Matt

P.S Have a happy new year :)

as far as i know the IAT sensor is part of the MAP sensor? when my new code reader arrives(hopefully tomorow) im going out to unplug the MAP sensor on my car, i think this is whats up with mine too.

will also get the chance to run and record live data so it should be interesting.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=9172

this is well worth a look at sounds similar to my problem hmmmmm,,,,,,,,

and cheap solution too

Cheers

Matt

you may need an ecu software upgrade i hear its worked for a lot of people you can spend money changing every sensor on the car trust me ive had these experiences ive spent masses of cash before changing almost everything i could get to and the manifold was cracked in the end ide take it to ford and tell them you arent paying for half a dozen diagnostics youll pay for one and want a souloutin

• 1 month later...

Hello all

Not been on here for a while but seen as i cant drive for the moment (dislocated my knee and im in a cast for the next 6 weeks) i have been thinking a lot about my prblem

i never went to get its ecu remapped seemed a awful lot of money for something not to work £350 was cheapest i got quoted although there service was awesome

My car has done nearly 80,000 miles could my problem be MY CLUTCH

See this problem only happens when the cars slwoing down and when its warm well slowing down clutch not disengaging , being warm when clutch is warm i spose but it should do this in the cold am i not right

well anyways im going to have the clutch done as it does slip from time to time and is a bit dodgy its really high where as in my mums car exactly the same focus only hers has 35,000 on the clock for a 51 reg awesome it does not have this problem

any ideas guys or am i just barking up the wrong tree again with money being tight due to me not being able to work GORDON PATHETIC BROWN paying me SSP £14.50 A DAY yes i dont expect a lot for doing nothing but i have worked ever since i was 17 im 21 now think i have paid more than enough into the state but as u can see money to be spending is not a option unless utmost neccessary my clutch prices at the bottom

1.nationwide auto centers

£380 clutch using oe replacement parts from unipart

(2 YEAR WARRANTY UNLIMITED MILEAGE)

2.ford (HA HA SOMEONE WAS TAKING THE MICK)

£400 JUST FOR LABOUR WITH

£326 PARTS ON TOP

(12 MONTH WARRANTY)

3.HI Q (WANTED THE CAR FOR A WHOLE DAY THEN TO RETURN IT THE NEXT)

£340

(12 MONTHS WARRANTY)

4.My local garage CHELMSLEY WOOD AUTO CENTERS

(used this place for years and for various bits and pieces great guys down there and always look after my car)

£340

(12 months warranty)

So cheap enough really has my clutch done well to get to 80,000 which to my knowledge not been changed oh and all the above come with new slave cylinder

Cheers

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club