Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question Re: Cruise Control

ScouseJLo

Hello FOC'ers,

New to the forum as I've just picked up a 2011 Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium. I'm really liking it so far, but I have a problem with the cruise control. I see it's a regular thing on these boards but I can't find an answer to what I'm about to ask...

Try as I might, I can't seem to get CC to go into standby mode. If I mashed wildly at the buttons, it comes on maybe 1 in 50 attempts.

Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to get the steering wheel-mounted CC buttons out of the steering wheel? Since my problem is intermittent, I suspect a good blast of contact cleaner might help, but I can't find a decent way of getting the contact cleaner where I suspect it needs to go.

ANY tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J

when you press "on" it goes into standby but you won't have any indicator that it's on, when you reach the speed you want press "set", a light will come on on the dash and you can take your foot off the accelerator.

• Like 1

Yes, and don't do what I must have done - I have a bad habit of resting my foot on the clutch, if you put enough weight on it (without realising) the CC thinks I'm trying to turn it off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winemart2 said:

Yes, and don't do what I must have done - I have a bad habit of resting my foot on the clutch, if you put enough weight on it (without realising) the CC thinks I'm trying to turn it off.

Think I keep doing that (but Its hard to realise since I dont have CC) - simply because the gap next to the clutch and foot rest is really tight (hard to get foot onto foot rest sub-consciously!) 

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm 100% operating it as you and manual describes. It's definitely a switch issue and I've seen others suggest spraying it with contact cleaner.

I've noticed when it does work, there's a white icon on the dash when I press 'on'. This icon turns green when I set the speed. However, most of the time, I can't get this white icon to show up - which is why I think it's a faulty/dirty switch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScouseJLo said:

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm 100% operating it as you and manual describes. It's definitely a switch issue and I've seen others suggest spraying it with contact cleaner.

I've noticed when it does work, there's a white icon on the dash when I press 'on'. This icon turns green when I set the speed. However, most of the time, I can't get this white icon to show up - which is why I think it's a faulty/dirty switch.

Try the contact cleaner first see if it sorts it! Hopefully its nothing more than a bit of dirt! 

12 hours ago, JSMarsden said:

Try the contact cleaner first see if it sorts it! Hopefully its nothing more than a bit of dirt! 

I'd love to, but I don't know how to get to the switch in order to apply the contact cleaner.

27 minutes ago, ScouseJLo said:

I'd love to, but I don't know how to get to the switch in order to apply the contact cleaner.

2:45 onwards

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I finally got around to looking at this. Didn't manage to get the fascia off the wheel, but loosened it enough to get the contact cleaner in and it worked.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club