Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gloss black grills! MK6 fiesta

Dandan0206

So today I finally managed to spray my grills and fog lights! They was the standard fading grey, which with my shiny new front splitter just did not look upto scratch! So a bit of sanding cleaning and a little spray paint made a big difference! I did do the fog light rings red.. But I thought it looked a bit tacky!! What you guys think?.. Fog light rings red or black ? 

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

To be honest I wish I had seen it in red however the lights look stealth like with all that surrounding black. If this was my car I would stay black. Just looks nice and clean. 

Good job on the car though. It looks nice. I got a MK6 and looking to do the same. well when the dents and all that are fixed :)

Ryan 

I done mine is well it good job looking good

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hope you guys used a Plastic Primer first ? Only time will tell if you didn't 😢

13 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Hope you guys used a Plastic Primer first ? Only time will tell if you didn't smiley-sad017.gif

No I did not lol I washed my car before spraying what will the colour go off ? 

33 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

No I did not lol I washed my car before spraying what will the colour go off ? 

The paint will be much more vulnerable to damage from stone chips/ scratches etc

9 hours ago, LewisZetec said:

The paint will be much more vulnerable to damage from stone chips/ scratches etc

Most if not all car spray paints Acrylic & cellulose only lay on the surface of the plastic! the paint needs something to bond to first, this is why a plastic primer should be used, it's not a paint as such but a liquid that soaks into the plastic, takes about four hours to dry thoroughly and then the top coat is sprayed on that layer of primer and becomes a permanent bond.

Using no plastic primer will only end in the covered plastic flaking off, if the plastic is very flexible it will start to crack and then the nightmares begin :wallbash:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Most if not all car spray paints Acrylic & cellulose only lay on the surface of the plastic! the paint needs something to bond to first, this is why a plastic primer should be used, it's not a paint as such but a liquid that soaks into the plastic, takes about four hours to dry thoroughly and then the top coat is sprayed on that layer of primer and becomes a permanent bond.

Using no plastic primer will only end in the covered plastic flaking off, if the plastic is very flexible it will start to crack and then the nightmares begin :wallbash:

So if it starts to crack or something like that is there a way that I can do it again with plastic primer ?

If the paint does start to crack, just leave it alone to get worse, the older the paint gets, the harder it gets to the point it will start and crack & flake off! When it's flaking you need to take the part off the car and take the part to a local jet wash and 'blast' the paint off!! I've cleaned up many poorly painted parts this way.

You could have course get some replacement black parts...If they can come off that version that is ? and re-paint it correctly.

On a positive note lets hope though the paint you put on stays stuck so you don't have to do all this work. 

1 hour ago, Patrico777 said:

So if it starts to crack or something like that is there a way that I can do it again with plastic primer ?

Sand it all back down and start again with primer. 

4 hours ago, Taylor22 said:

Sand it all back down and start again with primer. 

Sounds easy! big flat long parts are easy but honey comb is a different matter :wallbash:

Yeah hopefully will be fine I am thinking of buying mew car in December so hopefully should be ok until then lol

Im going to be doing this glad i read it as i would have just sprayed it. I found out using a grease remover is also ideal before priming so the primer adheres to the area better and doest collect dirt and all that. How true it is i dont know but gonna try it :) btw looks lovely on that black ST 

• 2 years later...

Hello, I’m new to this website so Im just getting used to it however this is my car! Mk6 fiesta Zetec. I have recently wrapped my car with a electric blue glitter vinyl (st Stripes) as I work as a graphic designer. Ive recently added my St spoiler yesterday which gives it a finishing touch. 

I’ve based my car on the theme, ‘white&blue however. My fog light and front grills are grey.

(The photo makes them look black)

I was wondering what people would recommend as I’d like them to be gloss black, & I haven’t got a clue what kind of paint to paint these with? Was wondering if you guys have any tips on the matter? 

Also depending on paint you may recommend. I’d also like to spray my gear stick surrounding selector frozen white too! (Colour of my car) As I personally think it looks awesome! - not many people have it. But I don’t know what paint to spray this with either ! 😩 someone please advise me !! 😂

- first photo is my car

- second picture is someone else’s

D6262C67-9294-4115-9158-AE5EA692B1A0.jpeg

912ED575-57E2-4E62-9B94-E4E28596DEBE.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Shart77Hart said:

Hello, I’m new to this website so Im just getting used to it however this is my car! Mk6 fiesta Zetec. I have recently wrapped my car with a electric blue glitter vinyl (st Stripes) as I work as a graphic designer. Ive recently added my St spoiler yesterday which gives it a finishing touch. 

I’ve based my car on the theme, ‘white&blue however. My fog light and front grills are grey.

(The photo makes them look black)

I was wondering what people would recommend as I’d like them to be gloss black, & I haven’t got a clue what kind of paint to paint these with? Was wondering if you guys have any tips on the matter? 

Also depending on paint you may recommend. I’d also like to spray my gear stick surrounding selector frozen white too! (Colour of my car) As I personally think it looks awesome! - not many people have it. But I don’t know what paint to spray this with either ! 😩 someone please advise me !! 😂

- first photo is my car

- second picture is someone else’s

D6262C67-9294-4115-9158-AE5EA692B1A0.jpeg

912ED575-57E2-4E62-9B94-E4E28596DEBE.jpeg

• 2 years later...

I have just started learning to drive and I’ve got a Fiesta mark 6. And im looking for ways to make it look even better, my dad is pretty much taking care of the inner workings of the car but I’m doing the looks and everything! I’ve only added wind deflectors and new floor mats so far not sure what else to do! It’s a blue standard with just crappy wheels, Help me out 

19 hours ago, Abbyross111 said:

I have just started learning to drive and I’ve got a Fiesta mark 6. And im looking for ways to make it look even better, my dad is pretty much taking care of the inner workings of the car but I’m doing the looks and everything! I’ve only added wind deflectors and new floor mats so far not sure what else to do! It’s a blue standard with just crappy wheels, Help me out 

When my mate had his MK6 he fitted new headlamps & alloy wheels off a MK7, his original alloy wheels was curbed to death, MK7 wheels was mine.

sure made the car look better.

11745356_10204945411137483_1716712920544161193_n.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club